MYK design decals => Japanese translator ???

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by le_steph40, Feb 19, 2015.

1. le_steph40

le_steph40 Well-Known Member

Research and development
    Home Page:
    Hello,
    I was seeking information on the Tainan Kokutai and Toshio Ota during Spring Summer 1942 when I found this:
    a-72023.jpg

from here
    ??A6M2b ?????????????????? (MYK DESIGN DECALS)

I tried to translate the japanese with Google but not sure about the result. Apparently, if I well understood, this manufacturer talks about A6M [V-191] flown by Toshio Ota.
    I didn't know aircraft flown by him, I only know that probably V-103, V-107 and V-128 (flown by S. Sakai) were in Tainan Kok. in the same time that T. Ota...
    Anybody could confirm the traduction about V-191 and T. Ota please ? And, if someone have some information about V-191, I'm very interested !!!
    For the moment, I try to buy "Eagles of the Southern Sky" by Michael John Claringbould Luca Ruffato to get some information...

TIA, cheers
    Stéph.

2. Shinpachi

Shinpachi Well-Known Member

CGI Creator
    Though I am not familiar with each squadron history/designation and have no time to research, the explanation says -

デカールはポートモレスビー上空で西澤機、坂井機とともに編隊宙返りをしたとの逸話を残す太田敏夫一飛曹の「V-191」、「ラバウルのリヒトホーフェン」の異名を取った笹井醇一中尉の「V-121」、台南空隊長の新郷英城大尉(「V-117」)の他、「V-158」、「V-110」、「V-172」を収録!

We have featured decals "V-191" for First Sgt Toshio Ota who performed the formation loop above Port Moresby with Nishizawa and Sakai, "V-121" for Lt Junichi Sasai who was nicknamed "Richthofen of Rabaul", "V-117" for Capt Hideki Shingo who was a squadron leader of Tainan Ku and others like "V-158", "V-110", "V-172"!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
  4. le_steph40

le_steph40 Well-Known Member

Research and development
    Home Page:
    A BIG THANK YOU Sensei Shinpachi :thumbright:
    I would like to know where MYK found this information about V-191 flown by T. Ota...???

I finally ordered the book...!!! I read critics about it and it seems it's one of the better books about Tainan kokutai of these last years...
    I receive it within 8/10 days...