MYK design decals => Japanese translator ???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,
I was seeking information on the Tainan Kokutai and Toshio Ota during Spring Summer 1942 when I found this:
a-72023.jpg

from here
??A6M2b ?????????????????? (MYK DESIGN DECALS)

I tried to translate the japanese with Google but not sure about the result. Apparently, if I well understood, this manufacturer talks about A6M [V-191] flown by Toshio Ota.
I didn't know aircraft flown by him, I only know that probably V-103, V-107 and V-128 (flown by S. Sakai) were in Tainan Kok. in the same time that T. Ota...
Anybody could confirm the traduction about V-191 and T. Ota please ? And, if someone have some information about V-191, I'm very interested !!!
For the moment, I try to buy "Eagles of the Southern Sky" by Michael John Claringbould Luca Ruffato to get some information...

TIA, cheers
Stéph.

Though I am not familiar with each squadron history/designation and have no time to research, the explanation says -

デカールはポートモレスビー上空で西澤機、坂井機とともに編隊宙返りをしたとの逸話を残す太田敏夫一飛曹の「V-191」、「ラバウルのリヒトホーフェン」の異名を取った笹井醇一中尉の「V-121」、台南空隊長の新郷英城大尉(「V-117」)の他、「V-158」、「V-110」、「V-172」を収録!

We have featured decals "V-191" for First Sgt Toshio Ota who performed the formation loop above Port Moresby with Nishizawa and Sakai, "V-121" for Lt Junichi Sasai who was nicknamed "Richthofen of Rabaul", "V-117" for Capt Hideki Shingo who was a squadron leader of Tainan Ku and others like "V-158", "V-110", "V-172"!

A BIG THANK YOU Sensei Shinpachi :thumbright:
I would like to know where MYK found this information about V-191 flown by T. Ota...???

I finally ordered the book...!!! I read critics about it and it seems it's one of the better books about Tainan kokutai of these last years...
I receive it within 8/10 days...

Hello,
I write on this old post cause I keep searching infos about probable Toshio Ota planes. I didn't find any infos in the book above (about Ota).
Ok, below, it's only an illustration :rolleyes: (don't know the source) titled "the cleanup trio" of Tainan Kokutai...
3a0f110f249e31e967af030815bf3cf7.jpg

- V-103 => S. Sakai. We know that the wreck of the V-103 found in 1993 wore red chevron and white tail stripe. We also know that the pilot was Tora'ichi Tkatsuka in September 1942. This aircraft (c/n 3647) left the Mitsubishi factory on 3 March 1942. Sakai probably flown this aircraft between April and August 1942 in 2 Chutai (with blue chevron...)
- V-191 => T. Ota
- V-171 => J. Sasai
But I wondered if an A6M2 coded V-191 is possible ? I thought that the V-19x were A6M3s... Also something is missing on this aircraft: the Chutai chevron on the fuselage ?
More than 3 years later, anybody to help me please ?:(
TIA :)
Stéph

Hello,
I write on this old post cause I keep searching infos about probable Toshio Ota planes. I didn't find any infos in the book above (about Ota).
Ok, below, it's only an illustration :rolleyes: (don't know the source) titled "the cleanup trio" of Tainan Kokutai...
View attachment 491975
- V-103 => S. Sakai. We know that the wreck of the V-103 found in 1993 wore red chevron and white tail stripe. We also know that the pilot was Tora'ichi Tkatsuka in September 1942. This aircraft (c/n 3647) left the Mitsubishi factory on 3 March 1942. Sakai probably flown this aircraft between April and August 1942 in 2 Chutai (with blue chevron...)
- V-191 => T. Ota
- V-171 => J. Sasai
But I wondered if an A6M2 coded V-191 is possible ? I thought that the V-19x were A6M3s... Also something is missing on this aircraft: the Chutai chevron on the fuselage ?
More than 3 years later, anybody to help me please ?:(
TIA :)
Stéph
The cleanup trio was Sakai, Ota/Ohta and Nishizawa. From another source I have Nishizawa flying V-171, so I think Sasai as V-171 is wrong. I think the photos are confirmation ....
BTW I have Sasai as V-138 and V-109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back