My first attempt at the Sig. in Photoshop (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Sir. I thought it did have to much black in the upper portion. New shot. Man this is fun, this program is amazing. :D I really appreciate all your help.

OntosP-38Signaturecopycopy.jpg

Thank you Sir. I thought there was too much black on the upper portion also. This is fun, these Photo programs are fantastic, it's amazing what you can do. Thank all so much for your help. I have so much to learn. Still working on that lettering, I don't know why it's so difficult. Here is a new view.

OntosP-38SignatureWithForumBackgrou.jpg

Thank you Sir. I thought it did have to much black in the upper portion. New shot. Man this is fun, this program is amazing. :D I really appreciate all your help.

OntosP-38Signaturecopycopy.jpg

Yes it is, once I got the hang of it, I really got addicted. That's why I annoy everyone with my pics all the time :lol:

Looking great and I think a very good first siggy. If you just crop it so the white is gone, of course ;)

Ed: I see you did that already.

Thank you Sir. I thought there was too much black on the upper portion also. This is fun, these Photo programs are fantastic, it's amazing what you can do. Thank all so much for your help. I have so much to learn. Still working on that lettering, I don't know why it's so difficult. Here is a new view.
It is a blast, isn't it? As far as the lettering, much like anything else, it just takes practice!

Overall, you're doing great...keep it up! :thumbleft:

Yes it is, once I got the hang of it, I really got addicted. That's why I annoy everyone with my pics all the time :lol:
Marcel, you never annoy with your work...

I always look forward to your creations and new ideas! :)

I give this lettering a second try or fifth try, I don't remember. For some reason it won't come out like yours Marcel or Mr. Wurgers. With that clear effect chiseled look. Is the tutorial, using Paintshop and the keys are different in Photoshop? This is what I get. On the other Sig. I'll move the name over, thanks.

SignatureTrialcopy4.jpg

Still is quite hard to read. A lighter colour that offsets against the background would look better. The other one looks good (except a bit stretched in the second one). Perhaps start the project again at 500px rather than expanding the first one.

Looks better but the P-38 is still too stretched for my liking. Keep the background with your name and then replace the P-38 with one that has been done at 500px (rather than one done at a lower resolution and resized to fit). This will improve the clarity of the P-38 and make the overall sig look better.

ontos, try and change the font's color to something that contrasts more.

As it stands, your font color is #060501, which almost a black. Try instead, a color that's lighter.

For example, the skin of the P-38 is a light gray that has a little blue in it - #B0BBC1. That would make a good color.A little lighter gray would be #C3C8CE.

Or you could use an off-white...like #FCFCFC for example. But the balance of your image is darker, so pure white text may be a bit over-whelming.

Your current sig is pretty cool...that head-on image of the '38 is looking pretty sweet!

I looked all over for a good head on shot of a bare metal P-38 that I could use, but was unable to find one. I went into my IL-2 file and took that one of a P-38 by "Fly-By-Shooter". I'll check some more and see if I missed one. I'll try a different color on the name for the Photo Recon sig.Thanks

Here is the other Sig. I did the picture in a higher resolution. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the color in the name. It's kind of confusing by the way I had to do the layers for the flames in the letters.

OntosP-38SignatureBest.jpg

How about this one? I think you guys are going to get tired of me posting these things.

SignatureTrialDropShadowandBevel.jpg

Nope, it's quite fun helping you along. I remember how hard it was in when I started.
Lettering is already much better. The letters are not in the same perspective as the photo, though. You could do 2 things:
1. make the words in the same horizontal pane as the photo, like they are lying on top of it, so to speak.
2. Let them stand up vertically. In that case you'll have to apply the perspective on the shadow, a nice challenge.

As for you second sig: would it work for you to make a new layer on top with the text, give it a new colour and make it transparent? Just play with the opacity to get the effect you want.

That's crazy talk Marcel! You never annoy us with your creative artwork! The only annoying thing is the wait between them.....:lol:
Your quite the smooth talker Lucky :lol:

Ontos the sig in #55 looks great.:) If you want to replace the letter colour you have to go to the text layer.Then click the icon "T" in the menu on left side of the Photoshop window.The next step is to marked the text with a mouse.Then have a look at the top bar of the main window.At the bar you should fine a box with current colour (mostly it is black).Click it and in the colour browser window set the text colour.
If you have already merged the text with the background, add the new text layer above the background.Write again your nick with the same settins for text (font type, size, spaces etc...).Set the colour like mantioned above.Also you can set it before and write the text with the colour you wanted.Then set the written text exactly above the already merged text.And merge the new text layer with the background. I hope I'm understandable for you.

I did a little touch up on these two. I distorded the letters in the Photo Recon one, and added some propellers to the second one. Not real good props but at least it has some,.:) See what you think. Thanks all for your help.
8BallSignatureGoodLetters.jpg

OntosP-38best.jpg

Thank you all for your great assistance. I have learned so much. Know I just have to figure out how to get it a little smaller to use as my sig. Should I start over at the right size?

I'm trying to learn to use filters and distortions, I was just playing around with this to see what happens. I't took me a while to figure out how to do the wavy flags.

D-Daycopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back