My first model - progress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thankyou everyone, really.

Made a bit more headway today, having a day cleaning the house and doing the model (and playing PS3 and on the comp :p )

But I got the tailwheel back on, the flaps on, and.... another first.. Panel lines!

I just used a lead pencil - which was good, because I spent about as much time using the eraser as I did the lead end :lol: :lol:

So in the morning I'll put a coat of gloss, and through the week, decals and matt coat - clear coats are again, a first.

So hopefully, by this time next week, the thread will be "My first model - finished!"

Attachments

• P1160833.JPG
    P1160833.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1160835.JPG
    P1160835.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 36
  • P1160837.JPG
    P1160837.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1160840.JPG
    P1160840.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 45
  • P1160853.JPG
    P1160853.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 36
  • P1160846.JPG
    P1160846.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 42
Coming along very nice!!

And Crunch, I can sympathize with your endeavor. The talented guys on the forum have inspired me to get back into modeling. And I have to say I'm having a blast!

I agree with Wayne.:D
But a short note for future projects.
Please, look at the pic below.The red marked place should have been corrected with putty in order to get a better and proper surface at the area.Some sanding is nothing wrong but the great effect you can achieve can be a little decreased by a such thing.

Attachments

• Spit Vbtrop.JPG
    Spit Vbtrop.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 53
Yeah, thanks Wurger, that was one of the things I wasn't happy with and at the time wasn't sure if it was bad fitment or meant to be like that.... I guess with it being THAT bad a fitment I lent towards meant to be.

In hindsight, it would have taken me a whole of 30 seconds to get on here and find it, but that was probably me being stubborn and impatient :p

- Gloss is on, but I've worked both my jobs everyday this week so far (day and night) so I won't be touching it again till Friday :( (I was hoping to have it done by then and take it to the model club meeting)

Well, it's all done - but I'm a retard...

I knocked over a bottle of thinners and didn't realise it had crept under my cockpit peices, so now they're frosted over and look like they're been painted on.

So I may post pics tonight when I get home, or I'll wait until I get new clears... but that'll probably be end of the week :evil:

lol, I'll tell you what, I work with ladders all day, so I probably did!

Either that or it's me getting over-excited about finishing the sucker and not paying attention to anything else :p

It's a sod when that happens! Did it on the Gustav, just caught the canopy with a tiny touch of glue on my finger - had to clean, polish and re-coat in 'Klear' (Future)! A real P.I.T.A!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back