My models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Army14Bravo

Airman
Jul 9, 2022
Pictures would be nice. Get the dust off and show your work. I know it has been a while but still. Always nice to see a guy making an effort to build a model. And please show us what you are working on now.
I have some old pics taken right after each one built. Not digital. How do you put pics on here? 14B

Good you then can make picture, surf to this site with phone and add from phone to site with attach files button on this site. If it is not clear just shout out. We will get you there, no doubt.

Then it's easy, you have two ways:

1- taking photos with your cellphone camera, uploading them into your PC/laptop, then select post reply, then attach files at the left. (Or click the frame icons (mountains and sun (4th from left)) in the edit section (top of where you write your posts).

2- logging in with your cellphone and then do the rest.

I hope it helps.

Then it's easy, you have two ways:

1- taking photos with your cellphone camera, uploading them into your PC/laptop, then select post reply, then attach files at the left. (Or click the frame icons (mountains and sun (4th from left)) in the edit section (top of where you write your posts).

2- logging in with your cellphone and then do the rest.

I hope it helps.
Some of these have been on the shelves for over 20 years. I am looking for something to get the dust off that won knock off radio masts, pitot tubes, etc. then pics. At the moment 100 degrees outside, about 90 in the garage.

Some of these have been on the shelves for over 20 years. I am looking for something to get the dust off that won knock off radio masts, pitot tubes, etc. then pics. At the moment 100 degrees outside, about 90 in the garage.

A microfiber cloth dampened but not wetted by water. Careful hand use required for masts etc.

I used to use a lens brush. Very soft and flexible. It was able to get into most cracks and tight spots.

There are also cans of air for cleaning electronics and keyboards.

They have just the right pressure so as not to damage decals and fine parts unlike an air compressor, which has too much pressure and can do alot of damage.

Many thanks for all these suggestions. I have a fine brush that gets off one layer of dust. However, there is another layer stuck to the surface of the models. This one will require very careful removal. I am looking for something now that will get this off without knocking everything off the model. Airbrush won't blow it off. Here are some old pics of the models.

Attachments

• P-51B.jpg
    P-51B.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 72
  • B24Pac2.jpg
    B24Pac2.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Spit5desert.jpg
    Spit5desert.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 73
Many thanks for all these suggestions. I have a fine brush that gets off one layer of dust. However, there is another layer stuck to the surface of the models. This one will require very careful removal. I am looking for something now that will get this off without knocking everything off the model. Airbrush won't blow it off. Here are some old pics of the models.
Definitely not a 'beginner' if entering the Group Builds in the future. Very impressive given that these are what would now be concidered 'vintage' kits and a bit more difficult to achieve the look that I am seeing.

Last edited:
Fubar, what is a GB? Have you built all those models? 14B
Sorry about that. GB = Group Builds, here..... GB - Files I started with Group Build #14. The aircraft shown are just a representation of what the Group Build is about though I have built three of them. I've enlarged it so you can read the Group Build banners below the aircraft. Feel free to join in. The next one starts

August 1 to December 4, 2022 GB 55 "Mediterranean Theatre"
This Group Build is for aircraft serving in the MTO of WW2. The area includes Greece, Italy, Gibraltar North Africa, Sicily, Malta, Crete, and the Middle East

1658013317077.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back