My models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is an impressive lineup on the shelves 14B, you've obviously been in the modelling game for quite some time. Look forward to seeing some close pics of these models and maybe see you joining in with a build progress thread or as mentioned before a GB. :D

Sorry about that. GB = Group Builds, here..... GB - Files I started with Group Build #14. The aircraft shown are just a representation of what the Group Build is about though I have built three of them. I've enlarged it so you can read the Group Build banners below the aircraft. Feel free to join in. The next one starts

August 1 to December 4, 2022 GB 55 "Mediterranean Theatre"
This Group Build is for aircraft serving in the MTO of WW2. The area includes Greece, Italy, Gibraltar North Africa, Sicily, Malta, Crete, and the Middle East

So these Group Builds are a contest of sorts. You get one of these badges if you enter? 14B

That is an impressive lineup on the shelves 14B, you've obviously been in the modelling game for quite some time. Look forward to seeing some close pics of these models and maybe see you joining in with a build progress thread or as mentioned before a GB. :D
My building has slowed down considerably. At my age, very difficult to do the Detail on models I used to. Also, my vision is getting bad AMD in both eyes. But good enough to see the good work you all are doing. 14B

Definitely not a 'beginner' if entering the Group Builds in the future. Very impressive given that these are what would now be concidered 'vintage' kits and a bit more difficult to achieve the look that I am seeing.
Hi Ralph

Some of those models were built in the 70's and 80's. I'm 85 now so not doing the detail I used to do. I've got a very old Matchbox kit I am going to be working on soon. 1/32 SBD. The old eyes and hands not what they used to be. So, not a beginner but an old experienced geezer. Cheers 14B

I just put a message up here and have no idea where it went. Also pics of some of my models.

Lost

14B

Your post has been converted into a separate thread. You should have the notification of that in the Alerts section ( the bell icon ) at the top bar on right. Please, check there.
Just in case ... below is the link to the thread ..

Regarding your pictures .... all of these you have sent so far , are in the threads you uploaded them to.

Your post has been converted into a separate thread. You should have the notification of that in the Alerts section ( the bell icon ) at the top bar on right. Please, check there.
Just in case ... below is the link to the thread ..

Regarding your pictures .... all of these you have sent so far , are in the threads you uploaded them to.
Thanks for the heads up.
14B

Wish I had an unbuilt B25 kit. One of my Uncles flew B25's across North Africa and up through Italy until the end of the war. Flew C models and finally J models. I was lucky to fly the right seat for a lot of hours in a J model back in the early 1980's CAF. Great airplane.

14B

Some of these have been on the shelves for over 20 years. I am looking for something to get the dust off that won knock off radio masts, pitot tubes, etc. then pics. At the moment 100 degrees outside, about 90 in the garage.
Late to this one but I got given a large fat makeup brush which is excellent for dusting. Longish hair and over one inch in diameter. Very, very soft.

How do I get to see the GB. Not participating but would like to see some of the work. If that is OK.

Cheers

14B

Go to the GB section. You'll find all that you want there. Click the Forums option at the top bar on the left.. Then scroll the screen down to the Modelling section and then the Group Builds - Official sub-one. The older GBs are in the GB-Files sub-section a little bit down.

BTW .. each GB folder contains the "**** Finished Shots of Each Build ..." thread where you may find pics of all models finished for that GB ...

Somewhere in this web site are some pics of built models I put up. Can't find them.

Where would I look?

Thought they were in this forum.

Help!!

14B

Somewhere in this web site are some pics of built models I put up. Can't find them.

Where would I look?

Thought they were in this forum.

Help!!

14B

If you click your nick below your avatar you will display a pop-up tab. Then click the number of messages.

pic_1.jpg

The new page will be open with all your posts you have sent so far. By clicking on each post title you will be moved to your post where you could attach the pics. Certainly not all posts can contain your pics. So just you have to check on them all one by one. Additionally if you scroll down the page with your posts, you find the numbers of next pages with your posts.

pic_2.jpg

Definitely not a 'beginner' if entering the Group Builds in the future. Very impressive given that these are what would now be concidered 'vintage' kits and a bit more difficult to achieve the look that I am seeing.
Hi Ralph
Considering my 85 year old eyes and my shaky hands, it would be pointless for me to enter a GB. Unless you had a "Over the Hill" category. Some of the models I have seen on here are museum quality. So much third party items to really detail the models. In the '90's we started getting resin parts that were murder to work with. A lot of photo etched stuff that was OK at best. It's a shame that less and less young people are not modeling. The majority of the guys I have seen here in just the short time I have been here, are doing awesome work.

Bravo. OK you've got me by 7 years. Like you steady hands are fading. Vision needed correction (not through yet) and a back that has more complaints than the wife. But, as you may have seen in some of my posts, I'm here for the challange and the rewards when I've done a decent job. Not many chances to get satifaction these days, if you get my drift. Of course there is always beer. Don't let self appraisal stop you from entering a GB. We come in all stripes (talent wise) and if you are concerned about negative respones you'll never get that here. Only encouragement and in most cases helpful advice. So, join us in GB 56. Looking forward to the post in joining 56.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back