My models (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Ralph
Considering my 85 year old eyes and my shaky hands, it would be pointless for me to enter a GB. Unless you had a "Over the Hill" category. Some of the models I have seen on here are museum quality. So much third party items to really detail the models. In the '90's we started getting resin parts that were murder to work with. A lot of photo etched stuff that was OK at best. It's a shame that less and less young people are not modeling. The majority of the guys I have seen here in just the short time I have been here, are doing awesome work.
And another thing or two (for you youngish ones we do this a lot), i don't do anything other than out-of-box. I have, only once attemped, and kind of failed, in creating my on add on. To cheap and untalented to do other.

My youngest bought me a Revell Tirpitz which is scaled down from 1/350th to a perfect for older eyes 1/700th.

I have been puddling with it on and off for a long time now but the trick to making it look good is to make sure I
never wear my glasses within 1 metre of it. Looks really good now.

Hello Army 14B
I'm 82, soon to be 83, and I find several sets of reading glasses, different strengths, to be of great use as well as the new LED bright lighting. The only problem is, I can see the mistakes I made before the new lights.

Hi Guys

Duh!! I put up a bunch of pictures of some of my models. Can't find where I put them. Typical.

14B

Hello Army 14B
I'm 82, soon to be 83, and I find several sets of reading glasses, different strengths, to be of great use as well as the new LED bright lighting. The only problem is, I can see the mistakes I made before the new lights.
Roger. I am in the process of getting some led lighting. Having to use magnifying glass to put 1/48 SBD cockpit together. The AMD in my eyes is aggravating the situation. Onward and Upward, somehow.

Cheers

14B

If only I knew how to transfer pics on my phone to my PC I could put up some pics of what I'm working on as well as some updated pics of some of those above. Have been rooting around the house to try and find one of me many digital cameras we had. Foung one, but no charger. Will keep looking. Meanwhile, you guys turning out museum quality work. Keep it up. Super.

14B

If only I knew how to transfer pics on my phone to my PC I could put up some pics of what I'm working on as well as some updated pics of some of those above. Have been rooting around the house to try and find one of me many digital cameras we had. Foung one, but no charger. Will keep looking. Meanwhile, you guys turning out museum quality work. Keep it up. Super.

14B
If like mine, an Android style phone and a non MAC type computer, I connect to the PC via the USB port, open with Windows explorer (Open Device To View Files), drill into the file location (Card or Phone depending on storage location), open the DCIM folder then the CAMERA folder. All images stored should show up. Copy or cut from here and paste into your preferred PC file location.

I can do some window screen shots if you need visual instead of my verbal?

transfer pics on my phone
  1. Look up this site on your phone and log in
  2. On screen look under find attach file button
  3. Go on your phone to the folder were your picture is.
  4. Upload picture by clicking upload picture.
  5. A thumb picture appears click on insert.
  6. Click full image
  7. Post reply.

Last edited:
Thank you all. My phone is Iphone15 PC is Dell G5. Keep bumping into the Cloud. All pics seem to find their way up there. Going to try and sync my phone and PC. We shall see.

Blind with shaking hands, off I go.

Thanks again.

14B

Sorry about that. GB = Group Builds, here..... GB - Files I started with Group Build #14. The aircraft shown are just a representation of what the Group Build is about though I have built three of them. I've enlarged it so you can read the Group Build banners below the aircraft. Feel free to join in. The next one starts

August 1 to December 4, 2022 GB 55 "Mediterranean Theatre"
This Group Build is for aircraft serving in the MTO of WW2. The area includes Greece, Italy, Gibraltar North Africa, Sicily, Malta, Crete, and the Middle East

Awesome!!

14B

Hi guys

I have not passed on yet. Still kicking. Have been checking in from time to time.

Seeing some real great work. Detail is awesome on some of these. My olds eyes and shaky hands just can't do a job like that anymore. Wish we had had all the third party stuff back in the 70's and 80's. I'll have some more pics shortly.

Meanwhile, keep up the great work.

Cheers

14Bravo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back