My new hog! >D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
lol who woulda thought my first car would be a scooter?

b5770e2d.jpg

just took this pic today after washing it. I haven't driven it yet, cos I dun have my license yet. but I can't wait to drive it! x)

ah silly question you just bought a scooter and do not have a license to ride it ....how is this possible, no proof of insurance and ? better hope your not living in Orygun or you'll be doing a life sentence ! 8)

lol thanks, guys.

I actually failed to tell ya that my father in El Paso bought it for me. I don't have a driver's licence yet, but I do have my permit. so I'm practicing :D

At least you're mobile! Take the exhaust/ rev limiter off, you'll get at least another 15mph. Sshh! I didn't tell you that, it's probably illegal in the 'States!!!

Hey Trebor, you and Charles ought to go scooting about. hahaha

Sweet little ride. As we tell the other guys who ride......keep the rubber side down and keep it between the ditches.

lol, I'll keep that in mind, Thor!

I also forgot to mention the make and model.

it's Kymco Super 9, 49cc. on the speedometer, it reads up to 50 MPH

Just one thing Trebor I hope you have all gear, helmet, gloves, jacket preferably leather and at least kevlar lined pants.

It might just be a scooter but ashphalt takes skin off at any speed.

Best of luck with the riding.

I got 3 helmets. but I don't like leather....animal rights.

thanks, you guys

and it's mileage is 85 MPG. though it has a 1.5 gallon tank, and I have to mix oil and gas. plus I have to run it for a few minutes every day to keep the battery charged or it will die.

Just one thing Trebor I hope you have all gear, helmet, gloves, jacket preferably leather and at least kevlar lined pants.

It might just be a scooter but ashphalt takes skin off at any speed.

Best of luck with the riding.

And it hurts when they take that stiff bristled brush to the wound to get the dirt and asphault out of it. Had it done a few times, not fun.
I woudl also suggest taking a Motorcycle Safety course as well. On thing I learned is that a huge majority of Motorcyle accidents (or any vehicle accident for that matter) happen when someone takes a left turn in front of you, or someone coming from your left hand side, or you making a left in front of someone else. I've watched this over the years and it is the truth. So keep your head on a pivot while out riding, just because you see them, doesn't mean they see you. Make eye contact with people at intersections if at all possible, that way they have a better chance of actually knowing you are there, they still miss seeing you sometimes though.
Hope I didn't frighten you, just wanted to give you a heads up on what to look for. Have fun, but be safe.

Very good advice, Buck'. In the U.K., you have to attend a Compulsory Bike test (not the driving test, that's separate) before you're allowed out. And you're right, most accidents involving bikes are as you described. Again, in the U.K., there's a strong, graphic ad campaign, showing what can and does happen, and the slogan is "THINK BIKE!"

I was a victim of one of those left hand turning/never saw you coming autodrivers so I speak from experience.
As fighter pilots always said, keep your head on a swivel.
Have fun with the new "Hog".

And it hurts when they take that stiff bristled brush to the wound to get the dirt and asphault out of it. Had it done a few times, not fun.
I woudl also suggest taking a Motorcycle Safety course as well. On thing I learned is that a huge majority of Motorcyle accidents (or any vehicle accident for that matter) happen when someone takes a left turn in front of you, or someone coming from your left hand side, or you making a left in front of someone else. I've watched this over the years and it is the truth. So keep your head on a pivot while out riding, just because you see them, doesn't mean they see you. Make eye contact with people at intersections if at all possible, that way they have a better chance of actually knowing you are there, they still miss seeing you sometimes though.
Hope I didn't frighten you, just wanted to give you a heads up on what to look for. Have fun, but be safe.

Damn good advice.

Trebor if you don't like leather then at least get a kevlar lined jacket with some body army. They are relatively inexpensive, when my old man hit the deck this year they saved his arms and back.

I'll second the protective clothing. I once saw a young gal riding a crotch rocket down the highway with open sandals, Daisy Duke short shorts, and a speghetti strapped top and no helmet. While she looked pretty dang good rolling down the road I couldn't help but think of the world of hurt she would have been in if she had to lay that bike down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back