My new job (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm a First Responder but in a different direction. I'm a member of our local CART team (County Animal Response Team) and I am Red Cross certified for Animal CPR. Any major incident/disaster, we are essential personnel and have to respond. Lately we were deployed for Hurricane Irene, Hurricane Sandy and for a train derailment of chemical in one of our towns. I'm ICS 100, 200 and 400 certified and CEVO certified. New Jersey is fairly forward thinking in recognizing that animals are a part of our lives and require just as much help sometimes.

I find more and more that there are many people that I would rather save an animal over.

Good for you!

I'm a First Responder but in a different direction. I'm a member of our local CART team (County Animal Response Team) and I am Red Cross certified for Animal CPR. Any major incident/disaster, we are essential personnel and have to respond. Lately we were deployed for Hurricane Irene, Hurricane Sandy and for a train derailment of chemical in one of our towns. I'm ICS 100, 200 and 400 certified and CEVO certified. New Jersey is fairly forward thinking in recognizing that animals are a part of our lives and require just as much help sometimes.

I wish that there was someone like you here to take care of my mutts, you know, just in case. Not that the old woman wouldn't notice that I had dropped dead one of these days,..

my daughter and son-in-law run a boarding kennel in the chicago area...whenever there is a catastrophe of any type...even a house fire...they offer to board the animals free of charge until the family(s) can get back on their feet. that takes a huge burden off of the family because where they live in the interim may not allow pets.

Just got back from Plymouth so first chance to see this thread. Well done John.

I did similar work for a major Plymouth employer. Just get used to not knowing what happens after you hand the patient over to the emergency professionals. The only feedback you will probably hear is if they die and there is an inquest.

A bit late to bacon you but consider yourself baconed nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back