My New Year's Wish For You...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Screamin, is there anything special that your area does for New Year's Day? I'm close to Philadelphia and they have what is called a Mummer's Parade. Groups get together in wild costumes and play string band music on banjoes and "strut" down the main street. 100,000 people show up and watch and its all over our TVs every year.

That sounds like alot of fun njaco but nah unfortunately not, the only thing special that happened last night ws people setting off illegal fireworks and once midnight hit me and my friends ran up the road with sparklers shouting out new years and having a quick chat with my neighbours who were also willing to share the spirit of new years.

Yeah, we used to do the same and then wake up and go to Broad Street for the parade. i put a pic of the Mummers on the new thread I posted "HNY from Cradle..." Like I said thousands of drunks dressed up in glitter and strummin banjoes! awesome!

Well, it's almost 6 AM out here is California. The winds have been monstrous all night and are continuing unabated this morning. Made me nervous as hell when folks were launching illegal fireworks here as well. But so far, all is well, albeit gusty. Now, where's my claritin...

Happy new year everyone. May your hangovers be short and not too severe.

My missus went to bed at 2230 and I lasted til 2330. Just couldn't stay
awake. We didn't hear any noise, if there was any. Hope everyone had a
good time. Happy New Year, folks...

Charles

Happy New Year everyone!

Best wishes for 2008!

Attachments

• happyHolidays.gif
    happyHolidays.gif
    184 KB · Views: 87
I was bringing the New Year in with my new Bride, the right way I might add, and fireworks were going off all over the neighborhood...

Gave new meaning to the phrase "Seeing Fireworks"...

Had a great night, no hangover.....
Same here les, just cant remember much after that........:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back