My Paint colors for P-40B interior.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Undoubtedly too much of the red paint. So OK. Stay with the previous mixture without the red paint of course. If you think that the previous colour you got is still too dark you can use ratio 6:3 or 6:4. But it is up to you whether you will try to them.
Anyway, let these samples you did today get dry.Tomorrow have a look at them in the daylight ( sunlight ) Then you will see their tonality. right?

Okay thanks for all your help 'bro' :lol:

I will let them dry!

I'm calling it a night, on the forum atleast! Thanks for all your help!

My best,

Harrison

It was a protective 'primer' type of paint VB. Most countries used (and still do) a zinc, or zinc chromate based primer to prevent oxidation of the aluminium and other alloys, and provide a hard wearing finish, resistant to scratching etc. Depending on the mix, this was invariably a green, yellowish green, or a sickly yellow-with-a-hint of green, due to the ingredients. The British 'Cockpit Green' was a paler, greyish-green colour, but still in the same 'family', again due to the 'ingredients' of the metal powders in the paints. German colours were more towards the grey initially, but with a green tinge, whilst Japanese factories tended to use a 'metallic' paint, a little like a metal flake as we would know today. Although not the same process, the aim was similar to galvanizing.
The modern primers used today utilise a similar base, although, due to the inclusion of more synthetic materials, they tend to be a paler, yellowish grey, whilst cockpits etc are finished in synthetic, very tough coatings, many of which tend to be grey, or a bluish grey....and rather expensive, compared to 'traditional', everyday household paints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back