My WWI models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Feb 11, 2008
Thank you very much guys, WWI aeroplanes are my favorit categoty in modeling.
Now i am working an Albatros W4 from Eduard in 1/48
if you are intresting in progres of the model you can see details of constraction in this site
Albatros W4 Eduard 1/48
the text is in Greek but there are many photos , i hope you will enjoy it.

I never knew that when the DrIs were delivered they were doped in a dark olive green and this ended up being having a streaky uneven look to the fabric. Love it when some one picks this up. Great work!

I didn't either for 30 years of modeling until I found 2 references that the streaking was the uneven doping! Quickly stuffed my expertise! :)

Finally I have found this thread.Great models you have made AD.Congrats !!!!
:D :cool: :thumbleft:

thank you guys:)
As for DR1 camo the airoplane left the factory painted in that way, the upper surfaces were painted with dark-coloured dope applied by bush to achieve a streaky effect. The brush was not recharged after after each stroke but used for consecutive applications until dry, and the width of the stokes would indicates the use of a brush approximately 8 cm. (Fokker Dr.1 Datafile Special ).:)

That's interesting mate, thanks! I'll take that into account when I do my own Dr.I in Lothar's markings.
I have two Revell 1:72 kits of the Dr.I, one will be Manfred Von Richthofen's machine for my girl (-she likes the red paint scheme!) and the other for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back