Mystery Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one?
Mystery 1.jpg

Chris
Indeed. Seems to have all started late last year?

Here's 8 pages worth - note the last post...

Please Identify This Plane

(Anyone remember that bogus unknown German fighter photo that did the rounds on the net about 10 years ago?)

Interesting explanation for the mystery plane, but it was not likely to have been the He280 V7 airframe, as V7 (WkNmr 0007) NU+EB was built with a "V" tail.
Of the nine (not eight) airframes, V4, V5, V6 and V9 never flew and in some cases, were not completed.
when I went through the He280 records, I found it interesting to see that V6 (WkNmr 0006) was noted to have been used for a non-defined experiment that didn't seem to be related to the He280 program.

My first thought was "Conquistador del Cielo" which was the GeeBee QED in an earlier incarnation. The apparent R22 under the wingt could be a racing number. Only problem is this machine appears to have a 3 bladed prop.

Again, rather no. The plane has the tail wheel. The Gee Bee QED had the tail skid. Also there is the lack of the rigging. The base of the main landing gear is different. Additionally the wing shape and its dihedral is different too..

I.'m sorry to hear it, he sent his photo collection to Doug McPhail with some to be given to me. I haven't heard from Doug.

Jan had the most extensive collection of captured French aircraft that he posted on the Air Warfare forum I have ever seen. He will be missed. Can you remember the posts I made on that forum.

Jan had the most extensive collection of captured French aircraft that he posted on the Air Warfare forum I have ever seen. He will be missed. Can you remember the posts I made on that forum.

AWF was a great forum and I dearly miss it. So much aviation information was amassed there and now it's gone.

Chris

I've got the ol' bugger on Facebook. He still trolls the various forums from time to time. He's retired now and spends some of his time doing aircraft profiles. He's pretty good at it, too.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back