Mystery B-25

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shame to see it happen. But I do know that B-25 restorations are very costly and time consuming. In Camarillo, they have been restoring a USMC PBJ (Navy version of the B-25, and the only one that survived), and they are hoping to have it ready for the 2013 airshow season. I have been watching that crew go over that aircraft rivet by rivet and it is starting to take form of its former self. But it's been years in the process and the costs are always an issue.

But there is a big difference between restoration to flying status and for static display in both money and time. If nothing else, it deserves to be displayed nicely, not left to rot.

haha, this thing is visible from google earth.... Poor thing has been there so long.... If we work during the nights, we can tack my old Lycoming IO-360 on that baby and fly her outta there... who is in?
She deserves a better home :(

And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

I am currently in negotiations with a broker representing the owner of this B-25. Our foundation is attempting to acquire this airplane and return it to flying condition for the State of South Carolina. We would appreciate any and all support from this community of aviation buffs. Donations to assist in the effort to acquire this B-25 are sorely needed. Time to put you money to work in doing something special to save this airplane. Visit The South Carolina Historic Aviation Foundation (SCHAF) - The Story of a Special B-25C Mitchell Bomber or contact me thur this site. Gary Byrd (VP - SCHAF) [email protected]

Last edited:
Hey guys.... Remember the B-25 sitting at Franklin Airport, in Franklin, Va ? I just found it it was listed in Ebay !!

If you like browsing eBay for good deals, you might have missed one in December. TB-25K 44-31508 (N6578D), also known as Lucky Lady, was offered on eBay and though it had 21 bidders by the time the auction closed on December 13, it did not meet the reserve price, when the bidding stopped at $82,600.

Wonder what the reserve was ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_1267.JPG
    DSC_1267.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_1266.JPG
    DSC_1266.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 115
Hey all, new here but not new to knowing about the aircraft here. I live in franklin and have been here since 96, it's always been on the tarmac missing her engine. But here recently she was moved, where to is the mystery but my guess is she is is in the bigger hanger but she no longer is in view from the road.

IF I'm correct, I think there is also another older ww2 bird in the big hanger too, but its a single engine bird.

Anyway, if I get any info I'll pass it along.

Sidenote: Viking, I'm also from S.C. I was born in Sumter.

Hey all, new here but not new to knowing about the aircraft here. I live in franklin and have been here since 96, it's always been on the tarmac missing her engine. But here recently she was moved, where to is the mystery but my guess is she is is in the bigger hanger but she no longer is in view from the road.

Aaron: The B-25 was purchased by The Reevers organization, in Australia. She's going on static display on Apiril 17, 2017.
She's in the process of being painted in the colors of a Dutch squadron. More info here:

Reevers Warbirds's B-25 "Lucky Lady" Update.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back