Mystery B-25

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unfortunately, the B-25 is not for sale. And the tie-down fees are paid a year in advance. Trust me, I've looked into it.

Charles

I got in touch with Dave at and he said he would bring it up after the holidays. I informed him that it was not for sale but he said that he would still bring it up and see if there was some interest. So don't hold your breath but we stuck it out there, just maybe it can be saved.

Be nice to see it saved and preserved, even if only as a static exhibit, rather than see it rot to beyond recovery due to some speculator thinking a higher price can be achieved at some point in the future.
Given that the airframe was lightened, modified and 'customised' for the BoB movie, and Jeff Hawkes himself stated that it handled more like a fighter than a bomber because of this, there could be some fairly serious structural problems to contend with (above and beyond those expected after sitting unused for so long) in getting it airworthy.
Even if it was 'corrosion proofed', painted and made to 'look the part', it would be a darned sight better than leaving it to rot.

Terry, the gentleman whom I am try to get to is DavetheWWIInuts boss at the museum in Virginia Beach, Virginia. If I'm not mistaken, every thing they have there is airworthy so if he can work a deal to purchase it I think it stands a excellent chance of seeing the air again.

Me too. They do excellent work at the Virginia Beach museum, and are currently having a Mosquito restored to airworthy condition in New Zealand - an airframe that's been standing/stored for decades.

Terry, the gentleman whom I am try to get to is DavetheWWIInuts boss at the museum in Virginia Beach, Virginia. If I'm not mistaken, every thing they have there is airworthy so if he can work a deal to purchase it I think it stands a excellent chance of seeing the air again.

Maybe he can do something with the Fairchild trainer that's also sitting up in Franklin, to rot. If it's donations he needs, let us know. There are a few of us who would donate a quid or two.

BTW, David Hunt is the director of the Aviation Museum and his email address is: [email protected]
if anyone wants to jump on the band wagon and try to save the B-25 email him with your concerns........ I did !

Charles

Last edited:
I just got an email from David Hunt, the Director of the Aviation Museum at Virginia Beach. It reads:

David Hunt said:
Mr Cheeseman,

We tried to buy this airplane on several occasions with no luck. I'm informed by Mr Yagen that the gentleman who owns the plane has some kind of a problem and does not wish to talk about selling or any other type of a deal to make it air worthy. Sadly we have moved on and have many more projects that need time and money, but I know Jerry is keeping a close eye on the plane and the situation.

Thank you for your offer of help.

David Hunt

That kinda puts the lid on it.... for now, anyway.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back