Mystery Soviet aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It would suck if you had to get attacked with all that extra weight moving around back there. Not to mention if you where afraid of tight spaces.

never mind attacked there were correspondents that flew in the back of the airplane taking pictures in a jabo mission over england

pic from waffen arsenal

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 364
... great for walking on aircraft to give the wingroots that much-beloved "weathered" look!

My post was in response to the photo earlier in the thread of the gentleman in the nailed boots with his front half in the baggage area of a 109.....

The ace Gerhard thyben translated some passenges in his FW 190 in that way whe he left Kurland in may 45. Not only did that but also shot down a Petlyakov Pe-2 wich was shadowing some german boat full of refugees.

Sorry to necro this tread, but the PTAB Yak-9D/L pics are very interesting. Thanks all.

Also, after some gaffawing, the look on the 109 pilots face, is akin to humourous comments like;
"I knew it wasn't just the bratwurst and pomme frits making me feel tail heavy.",
"Oh I wish Generals wouldn't play hide n seek in our planes...",
"Scheiße!"

We are retstoring an Ha.1112 to flight status and from the firewall back, it is a Bf 109G-2. From experience, it's a small, uncomfortable place to be ... but it proably beats the crap out of a Soviet Prison Camp. You'd need some kind of padding or you'd bruise the crap out yourself.

I got in through the small access door. It wasn't easy getting either in or out, and I wouldn't care to repeat the experience.

But I certainly WOULD if it meant getting away from advancing Russians.

We are retstoring an Ha.1112 to flight status and from the firewall back, it is a Bf 109G-2.

Is it one of the planes recently auctioned off and discussed here on the forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back