Navy Liberator and Privateer war record

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

spicmart

Staff Sergeant
May 11, 2008
Does anyone know about the war records of PB4Y-1 Liberators and PB4Y-2 Privateers?
Kinds of missions, distances flown, flight duration, ships sunk, kills and losses against enemy aircraft, other causes for losses etc.

My father was a Navy enlisted man at a base on Mindoro where Navy PB4Y's and Army B-24's (Jolly Rogers) were based. He said they were flying anti-shipping patrols all the way up to the China coast and some airplanes came back with tree branches they had flown through.

Does anyone know about the war records of PB4Y-1 Liberators and PB4Y-2 Privateers?
Kinds of missions, distances flown, flight duration, ships sunk, kills and losses against enemy aircraft, other causes for losses etc.
I was a radioman/belly turret gunner on a PB4Y1 in Photo Squadron Four.
I have the records of my Squadron and if you give me your snail mail address I will send them to you if you want.
Contact me at [email protected]

There are FOUR books you need to review all of which are written by A. Carey. They are as follows:
1.) Consolidated-Vultee PB4Y-2 Privateer 2.)U.S.Navy PB4Y-1 Liberator Squadrons 3.)Above an Angry Sea 4.) We Flew Alone-USN B-24 Squadrons in the Pacific.

You can find these excellent publications at Amazon.com and they will provide you with more information than you can ever digest...s/n's, losses, operational bases, etc., etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back