Need help with Eduard Bf110 landing gear (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RGaspar

Airman
Nov 24, 2011
Kansas
I've almost completed my 110 E, aside from landing gear, canopy and other small bits. I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly the main strut assembly attaches to the gear well. The instructions are very poor in this regard, I need help. I've googled and googled to no avail. Can anyone who's done a similar kit post some close up pics so I can see where exactly the gear is glued to?

Here you are if I understood you correct... these landing legs in the second pic are for the Eduard 1/72 scale Bf 110E kit but it is the smaller twin of the 1/48 one. I hope it can help.

bf110.jpg

bf1105.JPG

It is enough if you put there info the the pic source is the net ( Internet). In the way you state you aren't an owner of the pictures and all is OK. I think.

Well done Andy and hope it all helps for you Mr Gaspar.

Yes it does help, thanks guys. You can call me Russ or Russell, that's my first name. Last name is Gasper, but I accidentally misspelled while creating my account lol

Anyway, the landing gear is destroyed as of last night. Dropped it while gluing on the anenna wire. Both wheels broke off with the axles attached inside, and one of the struts is in two pieces. Pretty much screwed now, I don't know where to find replacement or upgraded gear for the 110 :cry:

What a bummer Russel. You could always email the manufacturer and see if they have a couple of spares. There is also the possibility someone here may be able to help os make suggestions, so don't give up on it yet.

I just found a nice set of metal gear from Scale Aircraft Conversions, with main struts and retracting arms that would work for my Eduard kit, but have yet to find a suitable supplier. Prices ranging from $9 to almost $20! Jeez I only paid $23 for the whole kit :lol: Hopefully someone on here has used SAC parts before?

If it's an Eduards kit then you have a good chance of getting replacements. Give them a try, I've always found them quick to respond and if too pricy, you don't have to follow through.

Also found these two on Sprue Brothers site

SAC48200 1:48 Scale Aircraft Conversions - Bf 110 Landing Gear (CHC/DRA kit)
SAC48200 1:48 Scale Aircraft Conversions - Bf 110 Landing Gear (CHC/DRA kit)

SAC48229 1:48 Scale Aircraft Conversions - Bf 110 Landing Gear (REV kit)
SAC48229 1:48 Scale Aircraft Conversions - Bf 110 Landing Gear (REV kit)

They may not be for the right kit, but I've never found that a problem in adaption.

Oh sprue brothers, dang I couldn't remember that name to save my life when I was searching. Il check it out, don't see why it couldn't work for more than one kit brand.

This is 1/48, the only scale I've ever done as far as planes go, other than 1:1. Guess I forgot to mention the most important part! Anyway, she's been pushed into the hanger till I can get ahold of new legs. I've started on my eduard 109E4 and il post pics up tomorrow(Friday) as I work from 8pm to 4:30am and am off Friday and Saturday. I still can't find my $600 camera since the move last year, so I will use my samsung galaxy s3 for the job. 800 pixels wide right?

Also, I will capture the gear so you all can see if it's repairable or not, but good lord was I having a rough go at getting those things to stay straight and sturdy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back