New AI MOD Available!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
Great News Indeed and big thanks to a certain mr.certificate

What does this do?

It changes the enemy pilot AI so that they perform defensive maneuvers besides the 360 degree roll.

The AI should now scissor vertically and horizontally, zig zag from side to side, attempt negative G redouts to foul up your shot, and perform an angled split S instead of constantly doing that 360 degree roll thing.

Also, I made changes to the pilot settings to simulate overheat and reduce their unrealistic advantage of always being perfectly trimmed.

It's pretty beta, I only have so much time on my hands to test this out on my own, so any bugs, suggestions or observations on how this can be improved are welcomed.

UPDATE 1.1:

- Added more variability to the maneuvers
- Changed pilot settings so their engine management varies by skill level (lower skill levels have slightly reduced highest throttle settings to reduce advantage of the AI having no overheat)
- (Hopefully) fixed takeoff bug with bombers in certain situations.
- Random chance of enemy aircraft not reacting if you approach from behind with a large energy advantage. This is to simulate the AI getting "bounced". Chance decreases as skill level of enemy pilot increases, almost no chance of this happening vs. an Ace.

Of course, the more I do, the greater chance I break something, so let me know of any bugs/suggestions/observations!

All Aircraft Arcade :: View topic - [MOD] AI Mod V.10

edd

One of the best parts about this MOD is that it's constantly being tweaked and upgraded by the author. They're already on version .17, and I'm loving coops even more now!

it makes the AI more difficult, instead of keeping flying in a circle they dive more and make S-turns and stuff. i downloaded it a couple of houres ago and i tried and damn its worth it. the AI are kinda more "intelligent" :D

eddie_...I'm intrigued by this mod. Question: is the devastating accuracy of the bomber gunners reduced? (I did read the "bounce" reduction feature you already mentioned in this thread.) Any other changes?

I fly pursuit curve attacks but I have always thought IL-2 bomber gunners were unrealistically good compared to historical results in WW2.

TIA, OneMug
P.S. What do others think about bomber AI?
Rats, just saw the bomber gunner changes in the mod progression. Sorry to clutter up the forum.

Just to see if the avatar worked. OneMug
Still like to hear others' opinions about gunner AI.

eddie_...I'm intrigued by this mod. Question: is the devastating accuracy of the bomber gunners reduced? (I did read the "bounce" reduction feature you already mentioned in this thread.) Any other changes?

I fly pursuit curve attacks but I have always thought IL-2 bomber gunners were unrealistically good compared to historical results in WW2.

TIA, OneMug
P.S. What do others think about bomber AI?
Rats, just saw the bomber gunner changes in the mod progression. Sorry to clutter up the forum.

In the latest version (2.0 I think) the gunner accuracy had been reduced, but overall this is BY FAR THE BEST MOD EVER for this sim. One of the best changes is the UNPREDICTABILTY of the AI. At one stage I thought I was flying online, so good was that damn tommy in his Tomahawk last night :)

edd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back