New Call of Duty game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Thor.

Since we're kinda bumping around the topic, what is the best standard PC for gameplay? In short, what would you have in your PC (to play games that are coming out today, if it can do that , it can pretty much do the rest) in regards to memory, drive, graphics, sound card, ect?

I'm thinking about getting a new PC and figured I'd ask somebody else who might (probably) have more experience than me.

You can have 1 gig of memory and be fine, but I'd prefer 2 gigs. Any PCI express video card with directx 10 support is good with a minimum of 256 megs of memory. Sound, I personally don't have a favorite, but I have to run it through my surround sound system for my pc.

Ditto what Thor said about the game PC. If you're running WindowsXP, 1Gig memory should be fine. If you're using Vista, at least 2Gig (the more the merrier!). Your video card will probably have to be at least an nVidia 7000 series or higher, 256Meg on the card. I'd go with the 8000 series if you can. You'll get better framerates due to better rendering and such. Although I've run a game on a 5000-series card when the game called for a 6000, and didn't notice any problems. As for sound, all they require is....a soundcard with speakers attached. On-board or added, they're all good. My old PC has a Creative Soundblaster Audigy surround-sound card (added by myself), my current PC has that standard as the on-board card. Iz all good.

That game looks like its gonna frikkin ROCK! One question though....at the very beginning, it sounds like someone says "Iwo Jima". And then they're hoofing through lush foliage in a jungle setting. Due to the accuracy of the previous CoD game line, I'm hoping I just mis-heard that....

dam i might have to wait till it comes out on PS3, my pc can run it its just that i'm more used to PS3 controller

Ditto what Thor said about the game PC. If you're running WindowsXP, 1Gig memory should be fine. If you're using Vista, at least 2Gig (the more the merrier!). Your video card will probably have to be at least an nVidia 7000 series or higher, 256Meg on the card. I'd go with the 8000 series if you can. You'll get better framerates due to better rendering and such. Although I've run a game on a 5000-series card when the game called for a 6000, and didn't notice any problems. As for sound, all they require is....a soundcard with speakers attached. On-board or added, they're all good. My old PC has a Creative Soundblaster Audigy surround-sound card (added by myself), my current PC has that standard as the on-board card. Iz all good.

That game looks like its gonna frikkin ROCK! One question though....at the very beginning, it sounds like someone says "Iwo Jima". And then they're hoofing through lush foliage in a jungle setting. Due to the accuracy of the previous CoD game line, I'm hoping I just mis-heard that....

While on the same related question, who do you guys think makes the best PCs? Right out of the box type of thing. If I could get one as a complete model, I might just do it.

Price is not a big consideration, performance is.

I've heard that Dell XPS is pretty good. I'm no good with computers though.

Also, unless you have some special equipment, PS3 controller won't work on a PC. A wired Xbox 360 controller will, or you can buy an adapter for wireless use. Mouse and Keyboard still is the best in my opinion. It's a lot easier to jump in and play with, and this is coming from someone that's not a major PC gamer.

One of my beefs with multiplatform games like this is why can't they make it so all systems can play against each other? I know it's pretty tough to network, but it's been done before.\

Also, it didn't sound like "Iwo Jima" in the video to me.

For a good gaming PC, definitely look at a good amount of system memory (3Gig or more), and a GOOD video card. At least 256Meg video RAM on the card. I'd recommend getting a basic system with 3Gig memory, then picking up a good nVidia video card in the higher 8000-series (8800 is the biggie right now, with 512Meg). Harddrive....you'll have enough storage with whatever comes in the PC. Processor....much as everyone says dual- or quad-core plays better, truth is that the processors right now are overpowered for what the games actually require (today's games, that is....next month...who knows? gotta love technology advancements). So I'd go with the memory, get a good amount to start with. As for brands, its really a personal preference. I'm not a big fan of Dells (tech support sux, and parts are still proprietary, last I heard). I use HP, although Alienware is supposed to be the big gaming platform (owned by Dell, but still made by Alien). Gateway is making a good system again, but I still remember their near-death computers from a few years back, so....take it or leave it. Anyhoo. That's just my opinion, feel free to ignore it! :occasion5:

I'll have to go play the vid again....there was alot of thunder and rain outside, and a very nervous beagle inside that may've affected my hearing.

Thanks for the Info Rabid. I appreciate it. Not a fan of Dell either, have worked with them and they tank faster than they should. Will check out Alienware.

From what I hear from my PC gaming buddies, you can build a rig more powerful than an Alienware for a fraction of the cost. And building a computer doesn't sound hard to me. Plug everything into the right spot, install an OS and all the drivers, and you have a computer.

Also, aren't HPs good, too?

But anyway, on another forum I've seen people suggest getting a computer or parts from Newegg.com.

Looks alright although I don't think I'll buy it.

As for buying a new computer both Alienware and XPS are overpriced. For the US Newegg is the best bet for buying parts and then if you can't put it together yourself you can always take the parts to the local computer shop and they can do it for you for a small fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back