New Call of Duty game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with Hellcat and Gnomey.

Like I said AlienWare makes great computers. One of the services they offer is they find out what games you have then load them on the pc. They then tweak all the settings so the pc will run at optimum performance for those games. They then make a ghost image of your pc so if it ever crashes or starts running crappy, you can drop the ghost image back down and your pc is reformated and tweaked.

But you gunna pay for it.

It is quite difficult to beat Newegg's prices. That is the only place I order parts from.

Took a look at Newegg's site and it shows complete PCs as well. Looked at their best sellers and there were a few Gaming PCs on there as well. I'm not sure but does more expensive always mean better? Some of the descriptions look pretty similar and the prices are a couple of thousand different.

Thanks for the suggestion on buying the parts and having somebody put it together. But I'm not that kind of guy. Used to be, ran out of time (somewhere around the changeover from MS-Dos to the oridinal Windows). And now the original "Fire and Forget" type with a credit card.

Any opinions are appreciated as I'm going to use this thing for gaming.

More expensive doesn't always mean better. This is the part where I become useless since I couldn't tell you all the best brands. All I know is the Nvidia is a great graphics card and is well supported. I couldn't say about anything else, though.

I kinda agree with Hellcat. More expensive doesn't always mean better, but most of the time it does, especially at NewEgg. There is too much competition in the discount computer market for a company like NewEgg to jack someone with inflated prices.

Why don't you pick two or three and post the links. I'll tell you which one I believe to be better.

Thanks Thor, appreciate you putting that out there. Here are a few, chosen without too much time involved in looking at the details ('cause I am not overlyfamilar with what I am looking at anyway).

Newegg.com - HP Blackbird 002 BB5140rp(GM333AA#ABA) Core 2 Quad Q9450(2.66GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - Gateway FX4710-UB003A Core 2 Quad Q9300(2.50GHz) 6GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER GX-922L Core 2 Quad Q9450(2.66GHz) 8GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Opinions and why would be appreciated. So far, gotten a good line on the high 8s for the graphics card. Good point.

Of those three I would take the 3rd. The processor is as good as the HP one, it has twice the RAM with the same hard drive and a similar graphics card (the HP one has 2 cards in SLi which is better but the basic cards are almost the same - third one has a better singular card though). Overall for half the price of the HP one the third one down is the best buy.

Those are easy. Sort by price. Most expensive is the best. It all depends how much you want to spend.

Oh yes boys I can't wait for this one. I have all the Call of Duty's on Playstation and now I will buy this one as well for me PS3.

I had a great experience with the AMD processors, but Vista is not good if you want to just play games, XP is way better.

8Gig RAM......**looks around for drooling icon**

There's arguements for and against every side. Alienware (Blackbird is HP's version of Alien) is expensive, but you're getting a machine that is pretty much the most solid, dependable version of Windows around. Besides, their tech support is awesome! I had a friend who had an Alien. His HD crashed, they overnighted him a new one (larger capacity) at no charge. Or he could have opted for the "free shipping" and sent in his whole tower, if he wasn't comfortable replacing his own. Newegg is the tech-geek's best friend for parts and prices (check Amazon.com, too, they're branching out). Nowadays, with the Plug and Pray....er.....Play parts, you really don't have to worry much about compatability issues like in the old days (man, I love sayin that). But most folks these days would rather just buy a boxed unit off the shelf than build their own. Its the whole instant-gratification thing.

Whichever way you decide to go (yeah, yeah...left that wiiiide open, I know), You're gonna have a killer system that'll play CoD ver' nicely indeed!

A PC is according to my opinion way more expensive for gaming than a console. You can do stuff with your consoles these days that you could never have done before. The PS3 you can turn into a full PC (except for using software you use with windows like office). You can use a mouse and keyboard to play your games and by installing Linux that was made for the PS3 you can use it like a PC.

With the Hardware of the PS3 you will have top notch gaming for years to come without updating the hardware every two years to keep it from getting out of date.

BUT, if you want to lots more than gaming a PC may be the better idea.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm definitely in the instant gratification crowd these days. Work on it? Not if I don't have to. Like the opinions on Alienware and Newegg. Question, given the two machines in the $1600 range, which one is the better bang for the buck?

Henk, Would love, LOVE, to set up a PS 3 with a keyboard and mouse and leave my present PC alone to do the work it does. Would probably save me some time. But, I don't want to bother with the linux setup and hassles of installing. Just beyond me anymore. If there is a prepackaged setup, that would be way cool. Do you know if there is as I agree with you, the PS3 gaming setup is excellent.

PS3 would make an okay PC, but it's lacking in RAM. The next generation of consoles would be a lot closer to PCs though. With upgrading a PC, you can plan ahead so you'll only have to buy a new graphics card which is a few hundred bucks compared to the 500 of a console every five years. The PS3 will be supported for ten years, but most likely forgotten after seven since the PS4 would be picking up steam by that time.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm definitely in the instant gratification crowd these days. Work on it? Not if I don't have to. Like the opinions on Alienware and Newegg. Question, given the two machines in the $1600 range, which one is the better bang for the buck?

Henk, Would love, LOVE, to set up a PS 3 with a keyboard and mouse and leave my present PC alone to do the work it does. Would probably save me some time. But, I don't want to bother with the linux setup and hassles of installing. Just beyond me anymore. If there is a prepackaged setup, that would be way cool. Do you know if there is as I agree with you, the PS3 gaming setup is excellent.

I have heard that there are people that sell the PS3 in the US already packed with the Linux software and ready to use but I do not know the details.

Each processor has 256 ram, but yes it does need more ram I will agree with that, but it is way cheaper than trying to build a gaming PC.

Hey is anyone running off of DDR3 on there PC yet?

I got 4gb of ram in my new computer runs pretty quick. When getting a new computer and do what I did and go to a supplier and order a list of parts and pay them say $50 or something to build it for you. The computer will just about cost half as much!

Just a tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back