New Me262 roll-out

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Douglas Jr.

Airman 1st Class
Nov 21, 2004
South of the Border
Hi

I don´t know if most of you heard or read something about it, but a good news is always a pleasure to tell.

The second of the newly-made Me262 - and the first to be a single seat - just made its roll-out (in May, 2005). Look how beautiful it is:

me2628ay.jpg

More pictures :arrow: http://www.stormbirds.com/project/gallery/gallery_2005_1.htm

curious why they painted it so grey ? It's bogus like the two seater camo JG 7 bird. It is wonderful to be sure to get these babe's up and running

they have not flown the single seater. the dual seat trainer joke cracked up and still has not gotten back to flying condition. There are enough parts of 6 me 262's to put at least 4 a/c together and whether or not they will fly is up to the refabricators and engine techs

they already sold 2 planes and have 3 for sale, just a couple millions dlls and it is yours!!!!!

Erich said:
they have not flown the single seater. the dual seat trainer joke cracked up and still has not gotten back to flying condition. There are enough parts of 6 me 262's to put at least 4 a/c together and whether or not they will fly is up to the refabricators and engine techs

Ah, thank you Erich, but why do you think the trainer is a joke? :rolleyes:

FLYBOYJ said:
No, the dual seat crashed, no one killed.
the crash was due a fast landing speed and the damage resulted was the collapse of the landing strut, the wing was also damaged

i had a small video of that landing, and showing the damage but it looks like that some how i lost it, ](*,)

Flyboy:

JG 7 never had trainers. I'm into the historical accuracy bit and have since 1963. Very bad call on the original Seattle firm for this major goof up. The single seater as I said is in bogus camo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back