New Restoration underway.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gumbyk

Master Sergeant
Apr 2, 2009
Blenheim
I've just heard that Tempest Mk II MW376 has been unpacked down here in NZ for restoration at Pioneer Aero.

I'll post pics if I manage to get hold of any, but I'm not likely to be up that way for a while now.

Here's alink to the photos on Facebook

There are often jobs going down here with places that do restorations. That King Air wouldn't have been that much different to a warbird.

That's great news!

My only claim to fame in warbird restoration was drilling out the rivets in the (in situ) fuel tanks of MoTaT's Grumman TBF-1 Avenger. Likewise would like to be able to do alot more.

Ooooh Goody! Will be awesome to see a Tempest fly, even if it doesn't have a Sabre under the hood.

Greg,
I'm not involved with this restoration, and I don't know what they are doing with regards to engines, etc. I think they'll be concentrating on the airframe first, but I'll keep that info in mind when I get up there and see this thing.
Thanks

Edgar, Yes, the UKCAA bureaucrats can be a bit anti-aviation at times. What reason are they giving for it? The last time I had anything to do with them, they were caliming that as the La-9 had more than 51% of its parts replaced, it was a new aircraft, and had to conform to new build specifications.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back