New WWI war movie (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I heard about these guys. Well, it might not've been them. But there were a bunch of ANZAC or Canadian (can't remember which), tunnelling under the German lines. One morning, they are down there, tunnelling away, and the Germans attack up on the surface. These guys finish their shift down there and come up, Germans everywhere! They duck back down the hole and it begins a fight that went on for while, with the Germans trying to get them and the Anzacs/ Canadians holding out.

If I remember right, they held out until a counter attack caught up with them.

But back to tunnelling in WW1. There were so many tunnels dug back then that even today, the ground will occasionally open up and swallow a cow or something. Not marked, nobody knows or remembers where they are.

Yeah, it was the Canadians... Near Amiens, if my memory serves me well.

Let's hope that the ending of that movie won't be as illogic as the Canadian movie "Passchendale".

Yeah, it was the Canadians... Near Amiens, if my memory serves me well.

Let's hope that the ending of that movie won't be as illogic as the Canadian movie "Passchendale".

Didn't see the end of that one. Did they all get together with the Germans, sing "We are the World" and then do a conga line?

With Hollywood mentaility out there, it wouldn't supprise me.

Looks very cool. Like a few othersabove, I think anything that comes out of Holywood is suspect. They seem to have a difficult time concealing their disdain for the Armed Forces in most of what they put out. With the exception of Band of Brothers, I've not seen anything worth watching in years.

Didn't see the end of that one. Did they all get together with the Germans, sing "We are the World" and then do a conga line?

With Hollywood mentaility out there, it wouldn't supprise me.

:lol:

No... The part at the end that really bugged me is that a guy got blown up by artillery, then Sergeant Dunn (the main character) runs toward the German lines to rescue him. He gets shot (don't remember if it was in the shoulder or the hip) but managed to pick up the wounded anyway and carry him back behind Allied lines.

Now the illogic part : the guy wounded by artillery fire (even though he was almost dead) survived and Dunn, who managed to make such a heroic (and physically difficult) act, died of his wounds in the hospital.

:lol:

No... The part at the end that really bugged me is that a guy got blown up by artillery, then Sergeant Dunn (the main character) runs toward the German lines to rescue him. He gets shot (don't remember if it was in the shoulder or the hip) but managed to pick up the wounded anyway and carry him back behind Allied lines.

Now the illogic part : the guy wounded by artillery fire (even though he was almost dead) survived and Dunn, who managed to make such a heroic (and physically difficult) act, died of his wounds in the hospital.

Gets shot by a 7.92 and still manages to drag some dude all the way back to his trenches?

Right....

Well, he didn't really "drag" him... He carried him on his back. Witch is even worse, but you get the picture.

But that doesn't look so illogic... I've read VC citations were guys got wounded several times by rifle fire and still managed to do their job.

What is illogic to me is that the Canadian infantry man that got blown up by artillery fire, who was knock-out and dying, survived and only lost a leg... While the guy with a (superficial-looking) rifle wound died of his injuries.

But I'm not a soldier... So my feeling about it could be wrong.

**EDIT** I searched for the scene on the web, but I couldn't find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back