new zealand involvement in the vietnam war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I remember working with a vet back in the 80's who told me the Koreans were the single most effective counter-insurgency soldiers hes ever seen.

Brutally effective and they had a passionate hatred for anything communist.

FLYBOYJ said:
Many Koreans there two
Yeah, that I did know about. I used to have a book discussing the soldiers involved in Vietnam, but I swear it didn't mention New Zealanders. It wasn't a very comprehensive book anyway, as I recall. I think my dad bought it at a yard sale. I couldn't even tell you the title now.

syscom3 said:
I remember working with a vet back in the 80's who told me the Koreans were the single most effective counter-insurgency soldiers hes ever seen.

Brutally effective and they had a passionate hatred for anything communist.

Very true - they are brutal to the enemy and to each other.

both australia and new zealand sent their sas units into vietnam

No, they dressed in clown suits. "See, you guys are stupid. They're going to be looking for Army guys..."

I think they would have seen some 'casual observors' combat, yes. But don't tell anyone ...

plan_D said:
No, they dressed in clown suits. "See, you guys are stupid. They're going to be looking for Army guys..."

I think they would have seen some 'casual observors' combat, yes. But don't tell anyone ...

make the point more clearer on what guys are stupid plan d ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back