Newbie Here (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice to hear someone refer to an American state as the "frigid north" for a change. Hear too much of that about Canada.

Welcome!

the last two winters here have been what i call "normal". plenty of snow and cold. for a while, i was beginning to wonder if i was still living up north. it would be in the 30s and 40s most of time. we would maybe get an inch or two of snow and then it would melt right away. last year, my father and i took my oldest son fishing on the boat on his 3 b-day, it was in the 70's on nov 4th. hell, i sold my snowmobile years ago, because of the lack of snow....

as far as the replica goes, she has subscribed to the theory that i am going to crash and die and the life insurance wont pay because of a little "flying in a noncommercial airplane" clause.

You need to be a bit sneaky then. Start you'r project the way I am, building the bit I'm currently doing...firewall to the rear of the seat...and when she's got used to you buying odd bits here and there and dissapearing into the garage for hours on end, then you can gradually expand your cockpit (she will have lost interest by then..."You never finish anything you start"...etc etc ) until the day you wheel a gleaming, highly polished '51 out (to the envy of your neighburs) fire it up (deafen the neighburs) taxy out onto the road (annoy the neighburs) and unleash that Merlin exhaust note as you whizz off into the sky (annoy the ATC) for a truly magical experience (annoy everyone who hasnt got one...and make them very envious !!!!)

Mate...you know it makes sense !!!:twisted:

i saw your cockpit build thread. my initial thought was what in the hell.... but when you said that you would use it for a simulator, i thought that would be sweet! then i read about the cockpit fest. is that a european thing?
anyway, the future plans are for the wife to get back to school this fall to finish her rn. she just got done with her lpn this last summer. boy even that helped out in the finacial department. but as a rn, i will have a sugar momma. i wont mind one bit when she will be the bread winner! by that time we will be able to pay down some dept, and take full advantage of our 3.875% arm. the goal is to get an acreage in the country, she has a horse. then i can have my shop. i have been stocking up slowly on my tool selection. i have a welder and now got a nice 33 gallon air compressor. as soon i can get a decent shop/garage, i will begin the project.
as far as the replica goes...... a jurca mj77 two seater- 75% or a sal mustang. the jurca plans are really exspensive, over $1000. the sal plans are $600 for the two seater. both are made of wood, which i think in the long run will be easier to work with.there is an all aluminum kit, but i can not remember what the name is. but i want something that will use a automobile v-8, all aluminum to save weight, probably supercharged. i think a v-10 would be neat, but the only v-10 push rod engine out there is from chrysler...... and the all aluminum viper motor is really pricey.
there will be no merlin powered airplane in my hanger, unless i win the lottery. i checked and the average price is around 1.9 million. sighhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back