Newbie Here

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i stumbled across this site while checking for pics of nazi luftwaffe rings and there was a post where a fella had posted some pics of some. after looking around here, i had to join.....
i am also in the process of joining the CAF, Commerative Air Force, that has a chapter based in the twin cities. i helped them work on their B-25 "Miss Mitchell" the other day, that is getting a new right side engine and a once over while it is down for the winter. very exciting so far. they also have a 2 seater p-51c, that i hope to get a ride in, or two, when winter breaks around here.
here is a link for those of you who are not aware of it. http://www.cafsmw.org/

Last edited:
a co worker of mine, who is a member, turned me onto them. he is help them get the tail guns to original specs.
it is very interesting to see so many people on here from all over the world!

sign0016.gif

G'day zbd307, welcome from the deep, deep south, no snow down here, just bl**dy hot.
happy0120.gif
happy0120.gif

Welcome to the forum from Va. Beach, Va. No snow here, temps a chilly 32 F.

zpd307 said:
some day i will build my replica p-51....... to hell with the wife!

Those are not wise words, my friend...... Wives are not as much trouble as ex-wives !!

Charles

Those are not wise words, my friend...... Wives are not as much trouble as ex-wives !!
Charles

i would'nt let it get that far...... but, she would'nt have anyone to do the dishes and her laundry if she did.:lol::lol: i don't have to worry about that yet, it is hard to build a plane in a one car garage.

Welcome aboard mate

Get the wife involved in your '51 and it'll go well. Trust me !

Welcome....c'mon down under...currently 40C down here...:D

yeah yeah yeah..... its even cold down south. the news was saying all the grapefruit and oranges are freezing in florida.
as far as the replica goes, she has subscribed to the theory that i am going to crash and die and the life insurance wont pay because of a little "flying in a noncommercial airplane" clause. she does like to help with my projects though, i got her to try welding this past summer. maybe this summer i will actually start with my ppl. she did get me a discovery flight for my last birthday, i just havent had time to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back