Newfie Rap?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah I agree with that...I do know what you mean and its my view exactly...but if you look purely at the artwork taking nothing else into consideration, some of it looks great.

Do YOU know what I mean? ;) :lol:

we are fortunate I haven't seen any here but the hip hop scene is pretty much made up of little kids

Let me throw my two cents in...

Most of grafittis are crap. However, in certain places and made by true artists, it is nice.

In Québec City, there is a highway going from Beauport straight to the "High Town" of "Old Québec City". That highway is passing right above a poor sector of the City. Well, I don't know if the guys who did that were paid or not, but some artists (believe me, those grafers are artists) painted some wonderful things on the pillars holding the highway up. I found a few pictures on Googles of those artworks. Sorry about the size of the pictures.

Attachments

• queb15_fresque2.jpg
    queb15_fresque2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 93
  • quebec.jpg
    quebec.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 91
That is art.

Most probably the artist had permission to paint it because it sure would have taken more than several minutes to do it.

I agree, when it is done in certain places and commisioned it is fine by me and is "art". I have allways said that... however in the normal places that these "street scum" spray is illegal, not talent and pisses me off. It is my money that goes to remove it.

And that is what I was talking about, too. When it's done properly, then it's really art.

If it is done legally and in set aside areas, but not on private property and not all over the city.

Pisis said:
Back to rap - most of the bum-bum rap is shit...

That is your opinion.:D You are entitled to it. My opinion is that all rap is crap.

:lol: That rhymes "rap is crap". :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back