Newfie Rap?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that the proper graffiti like that is fantastic - obviously talented people, but should probably take up art classes or something :lol:

But it is born of the streets. I agree with Adler. In a studio, I don't have a problem. But on public or private property and no amount of talent will convince me that this person deserves nothing more than jail.

Not disputing your statement, but rather your support. The origination and inspiration for this activity is illegal. That is what is so despicable about gangsta rap and graffiti.

i think decent street art's alright, and cirtainly looks a lot better than a concrete wall, Plymouth city council actually paid artists do sprey the major bus station which would otherwise be just concrete, i think it looks great and obviously takes a lot of skill........

Yep...Someone in last years Art class did a whole project on graffiti and it does look very good when done properly...as long as it isnt done on peoples personal property or important areas. An old concret wall belonging to no-one at the side of the road is fine...Thats my opinion though.

:lol: I agree that most of the time it probably does stem from the gangster image etc and is not really a model example of how to act - but leaving all the background about graffiti out of it, the overall art is very good. If you get my drift ;)

Yep...Someone in last years Art class did a whole project on graffiti and it does look very good when done properly...as long as it isnt done on peoples personal property or important areas. An old concret wall belonging to no-one at the side of the road is fine...Thats my opinion though.
Technically, you have no right to touch property that is not yours. Even if it is a concrete wall. On the other hand, you might increase the value of it by making a nice "picture" there. But you might also not... There is an ethical conflict in grafitti that a youth cannot see. That's why usually people who get older quit (or just stick with legals). I perosnally don't mind grafitti on public walls, rusty old trains and metros and stuff like that. But I am very upset when I see it inside the new metro or even on the historic buildings! Because a nice historic building has a much greater art value then a few colore fields with an outline...

Like I said in areas that are set aside for that I think it is okay. But on public streets I think it is bad. I hate going to the city and seeing it everywhere. The majority is crap with no talent and they are just defacing public property.

On the other hand, you might increase the value of it by making a nice "picture" there.

If some street scum came and tried to spray my house that definatly would not make the value of my house rise, it would lower it and I would if one of those scum ever comes onto my property and tries to spray my house he will get shot... I have the right to defend my property.

Please do not grab my words out of context. I was talking about a concrete wall, not a family house. If someone'd try to paint on my house, I'd at least attack him with a baseball bat, if nothing worse...

I took this picture this Summer. Although it isn't super, I like the way how it is done...

Attachments

• Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 103
You see I still dont agree with that. Besides that looks like an apartment building. If I lived in that Apartment building I would be pissed off. It is still my home.

You see I look at it as vandilism unless it is in designated areas. You dont know how much the city pays to have this crap removed from public buildings, trains, metros, subways, subway stations...etc.

And that money paid by the city, comes out of my hard earned tax dollars that I pay. I would love to make the vandilizers pay for it themselves. Make them remove it themselves.

I didn't say I like vandalizing, god damn. Can you even realize how most of the cities look like here? FotoGraff 2006

I just say I like some of it, on particular spots. Not in general!

I see what both of you mean, and agree with both...Yes, 95% of the time its just vandalism which would piss me off if I was paying taxes etc and if it was on my property...but that said some of it, despite the fact it could be somewhere unacceptable, could be really good art if you leave all the negative factors out and just look at it as art...If you know what I mean.

I see what both of you mean, and agree with both...Yes, 95% of the time its just vandalism which would piss me off if I was paying taxes etc and if it was on my property...but that said some of it, despite the fact it could be somewhere unacceptable, could be really good art if you leave all the negative factors out and just look at it as art...If you know what I mean.

If its not your property and dont have permission to paint on it, then keep your hands off of it.

It isnt yours.

You know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back