NFL 2014 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am positive the 49ers will be better than 8-8. This team is much better than a 500 team. I still believe the Seahawks are the best team in the NFC, but things will be more evenly matched once the 49ers get Smith and Bowman back. I would say the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints are the class of the NFC, but there are some other teams that are capable of stringing some wins together and will prove tough down the road, the Falcons and Eagles are the two that come to mind. Also cannot forget Cardinals. They made a strong run towards the end of last season. I am not sure if the 49ers secondary is going to be better than everyone thought they would be, but Romo definitely helped out.

I am positive the 49ers will be better than 8-8. This team is much better than a 500 team. I still believe the Seahawks are the best team in the NFC, but things will be more evenly matched once the 49ers get Smith and Bowman back. I would say the 49ers, Seahawks, and Saints are the class of the NFC, but there are some other teams that are capable of stringing some wins together and will prove tough down the road, the Falcons and Eagles are the two that come to mind. Also cannot forget Cardinals. They made a strong run towards the end of last season. I am not sure if the 49ers secondary is going to be better than everyone thought they would be, but Romo definitely helped out.

Don't forget about the Panthers. That D is brutal, and now they have a true No. 1 Receiver for Newton.

The thing from yesterday's 49ers/Cowboys game I was most impressed with was how Carlos Hyde ran the ball for the 49ers. It looks like they finally have a ball carrier that could eventually replace Gore, and play right beside him in the lineup without loosing anything. He is fast and agile for a big man. I immediately looked for him to add him to my team, only to find Njaco has him!

Last edited:
The thing from yesterday's 49ers/Cowboys game I was most impressed with was how Carlos Hyde ran the ball for the 49ers. It looks like they finally have a ball carrier that could eventually replace Gore, and play right beside him in the lineup without loosing anything. He is fast and agile for a big man. I immediately looked for him to add him to my team, only to find Njaco has him!

Yes sir, I do. :) I didn't play him, wanted to see how good he is. I know the Niners don't usually play poor players but I wanted to see how he performed. Maybe some adjusting this week.....

In other news, holy hell Ray Rice, that is just not on. Glad to see him gone for good...
I agree...beating up a woman is unacceptable and in his case, he should been given the same face-punch from every member of his team, as he gave his girlfriend, right before they threw him out the door.

Player helping out players ;)

Devon Still's life drastically changed earlier this summer, but the Cincinnati Bengals are willing to stand by one of their own and help him through a difficult time.

On June 2, Still's four-year-old daughter, Leah, was diagnosed with pediatric cancer. That has put things in perspective for the defensive lineman.

Still—a 2012 second-round pick—missed the Bengals' 53-man roster, but the team wanted to make sure that he had some support during his daughter's difficult battle.

Update: Sept. 11 at 3:57 p.m. ET

The New Orleans Saints reportedly bought 100 of Still's jerseys to support cancer research.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Devon Still ✔ @Dev_Still71
Follow

Big thanks for to the saints for ordering jerseys to help support pediatric cancer..only one word to describe everything, AMAZING!!
2:58 PM - 10 Sep 2014
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cincinnati Bengals
Sports Recreation · 993,888 Likes
· Yesterday at 2:33pm ·

A message from Devon Still.

Thank you for your support Who Dey Nation!

All proceeds from Still jerseys ordered through the Bengals Pro Shop will benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center: 403 Forbidden
... See More
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bengals Re-Sign Devon Still in Order to Help Him Support His Sick Daughter | Bleacher Report

Last Week: 10-6

This Week:

Pittsburgh Steelers 20-17 Baltimore Ravens
Atlanta Falcons 27-24 Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins 23-13 Buffalo Bills
New Orleans Saints 36-24 Cleveland Browns
Arizona Cardinals 26-23 New York Giants
Carolina Panthers 27-24 Detroit Lions
Washington Redskins 23-17 Jacksonville Jaguars
Dallas Cowboys 30-27 Tennessee Titans
New England Patriots 34-22 Minnesota Vikings
St. Louis Rams 13-7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks 26-14 San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos 33-17 Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers 31-20 New York Jets
Houston Texans 27-16 Oakland Raiders
San Francisco 49ers 33-17 Chicago Bears
Indianapolis Colts 27-22 Philadelphia Eagles

Mathew Stafford is proving that he will never be anything great in the NFL. Sure he throws for 5000 yards in a season and 35 TDs, but what does it matter when you can't win. He has been told by many that he needs to correct somethings and should work with a QB Coach and he blows them off. What a joke.

Oh and go 49ers!

Well the Boys dropped another one ! I knew as I was driving home from a haircut and listening to the pre-game show on the radio and they said it was in CLEVELAND! I went oh crap another road game? two to start the season(figured away then home)!from a team that plays terrible on the road.I digress that they lose again today as I said to myself while driving and so it was to be.The Saints defense sucks and particular in the corners mainly Patrick Robinson two games in a row he has been burned severely and I say why not just drop Sean Baptiste in there he cannot be any worse hell he might even get a pick.

Last edited:
My 49ers are very sloppy today. The Defense is actually playing amazing, but bone headed penalties are killing us and keeping Chicago in the game.

Oh...

The Seahawks lost! I love it!

Man the 49ers screwed the pooch. Really blew that game. Up 20-7 and then losing 28-20.

A complete lack of discipline set the tone for the game and then Kap through it away with his turnovers.

Mathew Stafford is proving that he will never be anything great in the NFL. Sure he throws for 5000 yards in a season and 35 TDs, but what does it matter when you can't win. He has been told by many that he needs to correct somethings and should work with a QB Coach and he blows them off. What a joke.

Oh and go 49ers!

...but he is a steady Fantasy winner! :)

Wow, alot of surprises and nail biters this weekend,49'ers and the Seaguls losing,my Bronco's just hanging on and at this rate I don't think they will make the superbowl with that defense or the way its playing.......

Last Week:9-7
Overall: 19-13

This Week:

Atlanta Falcons 34-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Green Bay Packers 27-24 Detroit Lions
Cincinnati Bengals 24-10 Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys 31-20 St. Louis Rams
Philadelphia Eagles 23-20 Washington Redskins
New England Patriots 37-10 Oakland Raiders
Houston Texans 21-17 New York Giants
San Diego Chargers 24-14 Buffalo Bills
Baltimore Ravens 17-13 Cleveland Browns
New Orleans Saints 33-15 Minnesota Vikings
Indianapolis Colts 26-10 Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins 20-17 Kansas City Chiefs
Denver Broncos 30-27 Seattle Seahawks (They got something to prove...)
Carolina Panthers 23-20 Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers 26-21 Arizona Cardinals
Chicago Bears 28-21 New York Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back