Nine O Nine trip

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassil....I hate you SO FREAKING MUCH RIGHT NOW! LOL I'm so bloody jealous!

Outstanding present you got there!

Understandable about the earplugs...but I bet you could still feel those engines!

Nothing like going up in a bomber...there's just so much different about them than a fighter. You can get lost in thought, trying to imagine what it must have been like in one of those over Europe with freezing temps and the Luftwaffe and flak all around.

Glad to have you onboard...it was a great evening for flying!...I've been flying the B-24 for the last month or so and it was good to get back in the old girl! Glad you liked your trip! Frank shot this of me flying that day on your ride!
jim harley

IMG_0561.jpg

Glad to have you onboard...it was a great evening for flying!...I've been flying the B-24 for the last month or so and it was good to get back in the old girl! Glad you liked your trip! Frank shot this of me flying that day on your ride!
jim harley

IMG_0561.jpg

Hey Mr. Harley. Wow, what a coincidence! I love what you guys do! Keep it up!

Hey GG, I didn't wear my earplugs at all, so I know what you mean when your talking about the engines firing up. They sure are powerful ones.
Though, looking back on it, it does make you appreciate the luxuries of today's airplanes. I love the B-17, but I don't know if I would be able to be in a cramped space like that for 8 or 9 hours on end.

Great stuff! You really get a sense of history when you go up in those old warbirds. While it is fun to do today, it is hard to imagine 10 guys all going up with a full load of bombs to go over enemy territory and face the fighters and the flak. It sure gives an appreciation for what those guys did.

Without the support of the public we couldn't do what we do...so thank you. The foundation has big plans for the coming years and I can say honestly that the sky is/will be the limit when it comes to opportunities like this to fly in some pretty unique aircraft. We see ourselves as caretakers of these aircraft, I want my kids to be able to fly in these someday, so it is very important that we support all the organizations that maintain them in airworthy status.

jim

No payment required...at least monetary, I started volunteering with the Foundation seven years ago. Started as a flight engineer and worked my way into the right seat of all three airplanes. After lots of time in the right seat I transitioned to the left and eventually got typed in all three bombers. I've got alittle over 700 hours in the 17, 350 hours in the 25 and close to 350 hours in the 24. They are great airplanes and it is a great organization to be involved with at ANY level. Like I said though we can't do it without the continued support of the public. It is great to see such positive feedback on forums like this, although most of us mostly lurk I like to get involved.

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back