No cartwheels please, we're Australian.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graeme

1st Sergeant
May 31, 2007
Probably why we're so fat...:( ...

Flip out over school cartwheel ban - SBS World News Australia

cartwheel banned at australian school - Google Search

AUSTRALIA
Flip out over school cartwheel ban
Wednesday, 27 August, 2008

Queensland education department officials will talk to a school that has banned cartwheels and handstands in the playground.

Belgian Gardens State School in Townsville has banned all gymnastics activities during breaks to protect students from injury.

Education Minister Rod Welford said regional education officers would talk to the school about the policy today.

Mr Welford said teachers feared parents could sue schools for student accidents.

"I think the decision by the principal in Townsville the other day was prompted by the fact that increasingly we as a community are wrapping our children in cotton wool," Mr Welford told ABC radio.

"Because more and more parents are even complaining when their children have minor accidents.

"I think our generation of parents are mollycoddling their children."

Not happy mum

The mother of a child who attends the school says the rule is hypocritical because riskier activities are still allowed.

Kylie Buschgens' 10-year-old daughter Cali was told not to do cartwheels at school because it was deemed too dangerous.

But Ms Buschgens told the Nine Network the explanation was not sufficient.

"Any gymnastics is classified as a level two, medium risk (which) is a danger to the children," she said this morning.

"What they don't tell you is soccer, football, tennis… most of those are (level) two or three, which is extreme or high risk and those sports are still allowed to be played at lunchtime."

Ms Buschgens said she hoped the school would lift the ban.

"I thought it was a bit unfair because we always do these kind of things at school," she said.
Source: AAP/SBS

AH what the hell is going on these days, friggin crazy

Bruises and cuts are part of a kid growing up. I still have a dinted skull from when I was 10 and my shin is scarred from another incident. I was lucky I think I just scarped through school before the cotton wool kid generation became widespread.

Playing just footy was hard enough last year (year 12) as we were always getting moved or told off. Gotta love common sense being exchanged for stupidity.

Kinda scares me for the future, ya know? Pretty soon, I won't even be allowed to fart!

Well you better get in quick then!:shock: Jesus, not yet Rabid I'm not at the required minimum safe distance...:lol: :lol:

...friggin' wankers with no brains making stupid decisions...it just never ends does it!!??

Hehehe cartwheels? CARTWHEELS?

Some headlines last week at South African Schools

"Satan made me do it" - Student chop fellow students head off with samurai

"Murdered because she is a virgin" - Fellow jealous students killed her for her choice to stay a virgin

"Student killed with scissors" - Three such cases, two dead.

here is link to see some more.... http://search.news24.com/search?s=NWS&ref=NWS&q="south+africa"+school+violence&sit=&sn=

edd

Most of this is because the general public is becoming "sue happy". The
least little thing and they are ready to sue. Everyone is looking for the
big paycheck... In today's Va.Beach paper, the city council has denied a
request from some Hindu's. They want to start a Hindu place of worship in
their house.... in a sub-division. The neighbors are up in arms over it. Now
the Hindu's wanna sue.... their religious rights are being infringed upon !
Geeze.....

Charles

Hehehe cartwheels? CARTWHEELS?

Some headlines last week at South African Schools

"Satan made me do it" - Student chop fellow students head off with samurai

"Murdered because she is a virgin" - Fellow jealous students killed her for her choice to stay a virgin

"Student killed with scissors" - Three such cases, two dead.

here is link to see some more.... "south africa" school violence - News24 results

edd

They must start to punish kids more in schools with the whip and nothing else.

Why ban something stupid as that, rather start giving the kids a beating again like they use to do.

Okay children put on your facemasks and the kevlar gloves, now everybody CARFULLY pick their pencils up be careful there heavy....................freakin morons!!

I kid you not, this is true.

My youngest son likes to play soccer in the grass with his friends during his 3rd grade recess. They have a rule that if you fall down while playing soccer,you must stand against the wall for 2 minutes as punishment. :evil4:

I kid you not, this is true.

My youngest son likes to play soccer in the grass with his friends during his 3rd grade recess. They have a rule that if you fall down while playing soccer,you must stand against the wall for 2 minutes as punishment. :evil4:

And in what fair city does this occur ?

Charles

Now, I can see kids making up a rule like that, to keep some wuss from trying to play and ruining the game for everyone by falling down and starting to cry and bringing the wrath of the teachers down upon a bunch of naturally rowdy boys. We used to do stuff like that all the time: screw up by doing ___, and you have to do something really embarrassing. Keeps the game interesting.

I am the father of Deirdre Faegre, the American student referenced in this latest episode of outrageous usurpation of life, liberty and happiness in Australia.

Take off the gloves Australia, and let the education elite know that you are in control of your children--not faceless authoritarians determined to deny children their rite of passage. Stand up to them and let me know if I can help...

Leland Thomas Faegre
Deirdre Leah

I believe this is suitable for such an announcment

Obituary
Common
Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common
Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he
was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He
will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when
to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't
always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple,
sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable
parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations
were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual
harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using
mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student,
only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents
attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in
disciplining their spoiled and self-important children. It declined even
further when schools were required to get written parental consent to
administer Aspirin, suntan lotion or a Band-Aid to students, but were
restricted from informing parents when their child became pregnant and skipped
class to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the
Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses, schools were
forbidden to fail students who couldn't read and criminals received better
treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a severe beating when home
owners were forbidden from using force against an attacker in their own home
but the burglar was legally allowed to sue a home owner if he was injured on
their property during the commission of the crime.

Common Sense finally died after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was
actually hot and, when spilled in her lap while she was trying to drink and
drive at the same time, was burned and promptly awarded a huge financial
settlement in court.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents,
Truth and Trust;
his wife, Discretion;
his daughter, Responsibility;
and his son, Reason.
He is survived by three stepbrothers;
I Know my Rights,
Someone Else is to Blame,
and I'm a Victim.