Nostradamus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Michel de Nostredame (14 or 21 December 1503 – 2 July 1566), usually Latinized as Nostradamus....

Why is that so many people, put so much weight behind his prophecies, when nothing has ever been done before things have happened, they've always been oh so smart afterwards, like this with Hitler...
Saying; this is of course what he meant....by writing this..

Ok, I can't sleep, so sue me! :lol:

Looks like Jan's local pub must be closed for renovation. What with this and the other 'Are we alone' thread, he's gone all serious on us (yeah, right) !

Depends on what the prophecy is for Jan, and if people pay attention and try and change circumstances to prevent it occurring.
Take St. Malachy's prediction re the 112th (current) pope. Though there were 2 Peter's in the running now, there was no way the vatican was going to allow a 'Peter the Roman' in the big chair as 112th pope if that was the signal for the destruction of Rome and beginning of the apocalypse!
That dosen't make St. Malachy mad for the prediction...

Myself, I used to regularly have premonitions (still do now and again), so don't scoff at anyone who has or has had them. I've been to able to use mine for good, and warn others involved if it was something bad. I figure that was the reason for my receiving those ones.
Thankfully most are just sort of personal indicators of future situations and places I'll be in, depending on what course of action I or others take. (Saw the stages of collapse of the last 2 companies I worked for years before the events for example)

Another point: sometimes people take the written premonitions too literally, or meanings get lost in the translation. Many are 'symbolic'(including many of my own) and though they may sound ridiculous to read, are clear as a bell to those familiar with the meanings.
A good example of this was when a friend in Austria dreamt 2 nights in a row that she saw her mother standing with only one leg, and asked me what it meant. I said 'Sie hat ihre zweite bein verloren' ('she lost her second leg'), a german expression meaning someone has lost a key means of support. I told her that, but also that she still has another means of support available to her (the other leg), so she will be okay. Next time I saw her, she said her stepfather had died soon after, and that her mother had gone back to her father...

Last edited:
Sorry Evan, would never do such a thing mate! Just makes you wonder, how certain people try to make, in this case Nostradamus, prophecies fit their own theories, change a bit here, move something there.....
As you say as well, alot of stuff gets lost in old languages and translations....

:D

Pick one prediction, any one you like, which is supposed to occur in the future. This means one that is not deemed to have been fulfilled with the benefit of hindsight. If that is fulfilled then I'll be impressed. Until then I maintain that any attempts to predict the future are pointless.
Cheers
Steve

Pick one prediction, any one you like, which is supposed to occur in the future. This means one that is not deemed to have been fulfilled with the benefit of hindsight. If that is fulfilled then I'll be impressed. Until then I maintain that any attempts to predict the future are pointless.
Cheers
Steve

Almost as pointless as Osbourne's assertion that we are in economic 'recovery' ?
Lies, damn lies, statistics and predictions.:lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa89bt0GZvQ

"Nostradamus"

In the east the wind is blowing the boats across the sea
And their sails will fill the morning and their cries ring out to me
Oh, Oh
Oh, the more it changes, the more it stays the same
And the hand just re-arranges the players in the game

Oh, I had a dream, it seemed I stood alone
And the veil of all the years
Goes sinking from my eyes like a stone

A king shall fall and put to death by the English parliament shall be
Fire and plague to London come in the year of six and twenties three
An emperor of France shall rise who will be born near Italy
His rule shall cost his empire dear, Napoloron his name shall be
From Castile does Franco come and the Government driven out shall be
An English king seeks divorce, and from his throne cast down is he
One named Hister shall become a captain of Greater Germany
No law does this man observe and bloody his rise and fall shall be

Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me

In the new lands of America three brothers now shall come to power
Two alone are born to rule but all must die before their hour
Two great men yet brothers not make the north united stand
Its power be seen to grow, and fear possess the eastern lands
Three leagues from the gates of Rome a Pope named Pol is doomed to die
A great wall that divides a city at this time is cast aside
These are the signs I bring to you to show you when the time is nigh

Interesting Chris,

But, I do know this to be true.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Unless you f*ck up, like whatshisname and his 'not to worry Mrs. Something, there'll be no wind at all in your area!', I wonder if her washing is still turning up! :lol:

Come to think of it, what happened to all them doomsday preppers and the like? They're awfully quiet since the world didn't end on the 21st of December last year, are they still in hiding? Since the Mayan(?) calendar has stopped, whose calendar are we on now, or are we on our own? ;)
Who'll be the first to predict the new date for our next end of the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back