Oh for %$# sakes! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• untitled_588.jpg
    untitled_588.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 168
Nonskimmer said:
:lol:
Woah, hold up! It may not be quite that easy. If you join the Canadian Army it may be possible that you could transfer to the British Army, but I don't think they make a habit of letting everyone go who applys. Also, we're in the process of trying to bolster our own numbers a bit right now, so I think it's doubtful that they'd let you go so easily.

By the way, all regular Canadian troops wear green berets. ;)
And yes, the Royal 22e have a jump company of paratroops. They're the ones with the maroon berets.

I know, That's why I'll make sure I can before joining them.

By the way, I'm not an expert in Canadian Army uniforms, but the berets, aren't they black for regular troops, green for commandos, and maroon for paratroops ?

No, the regular fellas wear the green ones. That includes the infantry and the support battalions. Black is worn by the armour crewmen (tanks, APC's, etc.) and maroon by the paratroops.

For the commando companies, it depends. I've seen green and maroon.

In Britain, as far as I can remember, Marines wear Green, Paras Maroon, Regulars Green, S.A.S and S.B.S Black, MPs Red and then there's the RAF Blue.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's it.

I could go next door and ask that loser 'cos he apparently has something to do with the tanks in the Army. He probably cleans them or something.

My dad says they do. Since he served in the British forces for 24 years, I'll take his word for it.

Anywho, yes your system did come from ours. As did most ex-British colonies. Have you seen the Indian Armed Forces!? The uniform still looks like 50s Brit stuff.

Okay, I just received a reply to the letter I E-mailed to the US Army. Here it goes :

"Thank you for your interest in the United States Army.

Unfortunately, you must be an American citizen or lawfully admitted to the US for permanent residency. The Immigration and Naturalization Service can provide information; go to http://uscis.gov/graphics/. Army regulations prohibit us from assisting or sponsoring you in to the United States. Once you have an I-551 (green card) or a document reflecting "processing for an I-551", you can pursue enlistment.

Good luck!

Respectfully,

Belinda Ryman

Cyber Recruiter

United States Army Recruiting Command
"

Well, if I'm correct, Trenton is in Ontario and I'm a little north from Québec City. It takes at least four hours to reach Ontario border and an other while to reach Trenton. So no, it's quite far. :lol:

Trenton is about halfway between Toronto and Kingston, in southern Ontario. Roughly speaking, it's probably about the same distance you would travel to get to Halifax from where you are. That's as the crow flies.

But if that's where they are then you really don't have much choice, if you want to do it. ;)

Nonskimmer said:
Trenton is about halfway between Toronto and Kingston, in southern Ontario. Roughly speaking, it's probably about the same distance you would travel to get to Halifax from where you are. That's as the crow flies.

But if that's where they are then you really don't have much choice, if you want to do it. ;)

Well, if I got the Correctionnal Officer job in Ontario and if I'm in lack of money, may be I'll enlist there. :lol:

Otherwise it'll be in the regular forces somewhere else. Still in the Airborne, though. Hey, if I have to get killed, I want it to be in combat operation, NOT in peacekeeping.

That remember me of the Sierra-Leonne operation a while ago. What was the score ? The first night, British Airborne killed 13 Rebels, didn't lost any.

On the morning just before that fight, a British soldier was interviewed by an English channel (here in America) and said : "When I went down of the aircraft, I had both of my hands and both of my legs. Now, because of my little mate (he slapped his .50cal machine gun) I will make it back in one piece." That's the way I like to hear someone talk ! :D

Right on! :lol:

Maestro said:
Otherwise it'll be in the regular forces somewhere else. Still in the Airborne, though.
Keep in mind that guys don't join straight into the Airborne. You begin as a basic grunt like everyone else, and then you have to apply and be accepted for jump training. It's like that for us, the Brits, and the Americans. Just so you're aware.

Are there no kind of local part time reserves near you now, so you can 'test the water' before jumping in?

Thanks for the info, NS. I didn't know that.

Well Med, like I said before, the lone reserve paratroop company is in Ontario. So it is impossible for me to be in that branch.

The lone reserve company in the region of Québec are :

6e Régiment d'artillerie de campagne, based at Lévis, Québec City and Montmagny

10 Field Engineer Squadron, based at Québec City

There is also : Les Voltigeurs de Québec (Dismounted Infantry), but I don't know where they are based.

All other regiments are regular forces.

Informations were taken here :
:arrow: http://www.answers.com/topic/land-force-quebec-area?hl=royal&hl=22e&hl=régiment

You know that was the British Paras and SAS that slaughtered those rebels in Sierra Leone!?

Yes, the SAS was there too. West Side Boys didn't know what hit them. :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back