On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P-47 flying over the ruins of Bertesgarten....

s_w08_50526039.jpg

Ok, maybe not exactly a low shot but this was interesting and I didn't know where to put it. And I guess if you have to duck in your little schwimmwagen to avoid the wing, well, maybe it is a low shot. But this just looked cool!

P-38-Fra1944.jpg

B-25D 'Red Wrath' (41-30024) of 498th 'Falcons' Bomb Squadron, 345th 'Air Apaches' Bomb Group flown by Capt R. W. Judd bombing anti-aircraft sites, Wewak Boram, New Guinea, 16 Oct 1943.

They must have been going 250 knots at 100 feet. Definitely a hair raising experience for the pilots and the Japanese soldiers that were about to get strafed.

Attachments

• air_mitchell34.jpg
    air_mitchell34.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Uploaded on Jul 13, 2009
With this obsession on point-of-view low flyby's, I'm suprised that this doesn't happen more often. It's been posted before, but I think it needs reminding that doing this filming is HIGHLY dangerous (unbelievable that this man was actually alive after this). Now imagine getting hit by the Jaguar's belly tank at 550knots.

CAUTION GRAPHIC!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4f3vJjvR9c

"Sometime during the 1970s, when a local television news reporter by the name of Richard Wyatt was preparing an item for the forthcoming Weston-super-mare airshow (Weston is in Somerset, UK). One of the attractions was to be a "flour bombing" exhibition, where the
Piper Cub was to drop bags of flower on a target somewhere on the airfield. It was thought to be a good idea if Richard was to become the target for the news report. The result was as per the video, Richard was taken to hospital, where the injuries were found to be not life threatening. The Piper Cub landed without incident and was found to have a small dent in the wing tip where it had hit Richard's Head."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back