One or two more

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ndicki

Senior Airman
Oct 2, 2006
Couple more of mine - sorry about the dust!

Revell/Dragon/Trimaster 1/48th FW190a-8, with an unusual Mediterranean scheme; some may have worn it in Italy, I have heard, and as it's pretty, that is enough for me!

Hobbycraft 1/48th Bf109g-6, Hungarian A.F. seen from the business end.

Revell 1/72nd Me262b nightfighter

Matchbox 1/72nd Hawker Fury, unfortunately discoloured by the flash!

Attachments

• FW190a-8 Trop b.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 131
  • FW190a-8 Trop a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 129
  • FW190a-8 Trop c.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Me262 Revell 72nd.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
  • Hawker Fury Matchbox 72nd.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 144
So it is. How much have I had to drink this evening?

Attachments

• Bf109g-6 Hungarian AF Fwd view.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
I love those german birds! I had never seen a trop. camo'ed 190A8; it suits very well, but strange it doesn't have dust filters on sides of engine like 190Fs Gs...
It's been a long time since I wanted to see a Hungarian 109G, and this one has a very realistic camo and weathering. Beautiful job.

Lots of fun doing the weathering, too! I overspray the basic paintwork with several toned down coats - with whites, greys, yellows, etc, depending on the effect I wanted, and then do the lining and engraving. I also use model tank techniques, which involve using thinned down black/dark grey-brown paint to "draw" round raised areas or areas which are shadowed. Then dry-brushing with the same selection, more or less, of lightened basic colours, and finally, scuffing by simply painting it on in the right sort of places with a very fine brush; Vince's method of using an aluminium undercoat is valid - especially for, say, Japanese planes - but I prefer my way! If you use bright silver, it doesn't look right, so I usually tone it down with some pale grey, again depending on the degree of wear it gets...

It sounds complex, but it really is not - if you have that airbrush (!) and a bit of time!

Good attention on details net sailor; yes it looks like MK108s as outer wing cannons; short barrels, small rectangle rounded blister on top of wings. So, it would be an A8/R2 in desert camo but without dust filters. D'you have photo evidence of such a nice plane, ndicki?

Absolutely not! Stop being boring!

I just enjoy sometimes messing around a bit, and I wouldn't dream of letting historical accuracy always get in the way! Actually, most of my aircraft are accurate, but now and again, I just want to do something a little more...imaginative! Go back to the first post - I have seen the odd profile of this scheme. Some suggest - and that's about the best I can do - it was used in Italy.

JG2 flew a-4s in Tunisia, but that's the nearest I can find.

Tamiya's f-8 is offered up in similar cam, too.

I like to make mine as accurate as possible but sometimes I dont mind going out there a bit, just to make a beautiful model. Besides the average person does not know the difference anyhow.

The winner is .........Fw190 as my favourite,the second place goes to Bf 109.Certainly the rest of models is also an excelent work.Ndicki,I like them.

Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread