one question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
as always understood the points made and to ask for the logical ordering of the GB, so as I have a E15k Kawanishi Shiun, as the Navy Reconnaissance Seaplane High-speed, but not if its deployment in 1943 was carried out on ships or in land bases have looked online but only find few refeerencias clear and they do not say anything about it, if you know something about it, to enter the GB with or find another.

I'm not sure but I beleive that if they were designed for navy carrier uses (like the A6M series) it should be ok, again wait for the judges to render the final decision :)

but if it did have carrier use it should be fine.

well this would not be the only option I have a couple of models plus a US-2b of the USS Yorktown CV-10 or AD-6 (A-1 H) skyraider USS Intrepid CVS-11, CVA-41 USS Midway CVA-and 14 Uss Ticonderoga, an A6M5 C or sea hawk.

To expect the decision or comment if anyone knows if it was shipped.

Sergio, if it was designed for carrier use, then it's in, even if it was never used in that role in the end.
Vic, one of the judges, confirmed this for me and Cory in relation to RNZAF aircraft like the Buffalo, Corsair and Avenger, which were designed as carrier birds but only operated fom land bases in RNZAF service.

So....go for it!

thanks my friend, could also make the doaglas sbd kiwi. today no longer work but tomorrow I will open the plane

If memory serves, Terry (airframes) told me if the aircraft was capable of being launched from a ship (even catapult), it was in. Think B-25 and OS2U-3 for opposite ends of the spectrum.

Charles

thanks for the clarification took some days of severe headache and I can barely think let alone remembering, what I remembered reading it, thanks guys.

evan my friend, the second model will be parallel to this I found that if Kawanishi was catapulted at least three times since Oyodo destroyer and three devices with the same result by Allied aircraft shot down.

Harrier GR7 and GR9 were strictly RAF, with Sea Harrier FRS2 being RN.
BUT!
After more Defence cuts, when the RN lost its Harriers, the Joint Force Harrier was formed, being a combination of RAF and RN using the GR9. (Note, these are not the same aircraft as the (US) HarrierII, although they look similar.). However, none of these aircraft operated from carriers,so it's a bit questionable - I'll open it up to general opinion. The JFH was disbanded, after yet more defence cuts, in December 2010.
If it turns out to be acceptable, and you want the kit, get the Revell boxing - it's the same kit at about half the cost, and includes a Naval squadron unit on the decal sheet. If you're stuck, I should have the decals left over from my build if you want them.

Thanks Terry. Only one I can find on a site with decent shipping (Spruebrothers) is the Hasegawa boxing (though it's only $30), and it's a GR7. I don't know what the major differences are, if any, between the two.

As it stands, it's not a huge deal if I can't enter it as I'm torn between that and the EE Lightning from Airfix.

Last edited:
Yep, that kit, with the RN markings, is OK with me. Very little external difference between the GR7 and GR9, and most GR7s were up-graded to GR9 anyway.Of course, there's always the Tamiya Harier FRS1, which is OK, and very inexspensive - around £10 in the UK.
Certainly couldn't do a Lightning for the carrier build though!

How about this, 29 entries.......... where'd they all come from?

I wonder how many are first time GB participants?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back