A Couple Newbie Questions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jul 21, 2012
Bangkok/California
I'd love to participate in this group build, but I've got a few basic questions. Am I right to assume these can be carrier-based aircraft from any nation or period and in any scale? How many aircraft are we allowed to submit? I'm currently working on a 1/48 Dauntless by Revell, but the kit is pretty crappy and I'd like to maybe submit something else instead or in addition to this SBD.

Up to 4 entries are permitted, Carrier based OR intended carrier use, any nation or period and any scale is fine.
As long as the Dauntless has not progressed too far you can enter it, give us an indication of progress please.

Yep. Also, if not already done, have a look at the Group Build Rules and the Photo Requirements, shown in the general section of the Group Builds threads. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask !

Thanks for the replies. There wasn't too much to the Duantless kit, and considering the wings are attached and I've started painting the exterior I figure it's way too far gone by now (although I did do most of the work in the last 3 or 4 days, I sure don't have any photo proof). I want to do this in the right spirit of the group build. I guess I've now got the perfect excuse to check out a new model shop I've heard rumors about. It's not easy to get good kits in Bangkok (hard to get anything of any quality), but I know I can come up with something.

It's an honor thing.... there isn't proof even if photos are provided on the start day....
So if you say you started after the start date, then no problem.

I did four in one GB, believe me, it's a stretch, and one you may want to think twice about doing.

Hey, I didn't finish my Dauntless for the "Pacific" build. Maybe I'll complete it for the "Carrier" build and get 2 badges!!! :)

You should ask to have it moved, but only get 1 badge, just don't be like me and not able to find the time to complete it :D

No wonder the guy doesn't build models . His priority is different from modellers' one. What's his name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back