**** FINISHED: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username-Fubar57
Name-George
Category-Intermediate
Scale-1/48
Manufacturer-Hobbycraft A-4B Kit #1433
Extras-None

I have never, ever completed a model that gave me this much grief. Having said that, I learned a lot about correcting fit problems. Will I build another Hobbycraft kit? Yea...I'm kinda stupid that way.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Thanks for for putting up with the whining and moaning. You guys are the best and thanks for all the encouragement.

Geo

EDIT: I gotta get me some kinda backdrop for these shots. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good, Geo. As for a back-drop, I suggest you get a piece of black fabric. Then you can use any flat surface, draped with the black fabric.

Charles

Looks fantastic Geo :) Glad you got her done :)

P.S. I saw a really cheap Hobbycraft A4 Israeli today, is it the same moulded kit ? :D

Great job Geo, well done.
Igor, yes, all the Hobbycraft A-4s use the same basic mould, with the additional parts relevant to each version.

Just got out of camp, spent 34 out of 36 hours grading the same kilometer over and over, ad nauseam. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions throughout the build.
Looks fantastic Geo :) Glad you got her done :)

P.S. I saw a really cheap Hobbycraft A4 Israeli today, is it the same moulded kit ? :D

Probably a little late to respond to this Igor. Terry is right about the molds. The fuselage halves have score marks so that they can be separated for the different A-4 versions and separate nose pieces. There are also plenty of antennae, different wheels, humps, lumps and a slew of ordnance. Before I left for camp, it donned on me that I had done the A-4E version and aside from the seat, I do not recall any fit problems and nary a problem with the decals. Take that as you will....Modeller Beware.

Geo

Thanks Evan. I think this was my biggest struggle ever building a model and now that it's on the shelf I'm happy I finished it. If it wasn't for all the positive feedback I got from this forum, I think it most likely would have ended up as landfill.

Geo

Nothing better when you can take a 'dog' of a kit and, with a bit (or lot) of work, turn it into a worthy exhibition piece. If this had been on show somewhere, and no info provided as to the origin of the kit, there's no reason to think it wasn't a more recent, 'refined' kit of the type which some expect nowadays. Very well done again Geo - it's what modelling is all about.

You've done a great job on that little jet. I've always liked them little A-4's. I have a 1/72nd to finish, but ould like one in 48th as well. Beauty!

Thanks Evan. I think this was my biggest struggle ever building a model and now that it's on the shelf I'm happy I finished it. If it wasn't for all the positive feedback I got from this forum, I think it most likely would have ended up as landfill.

Geo
That is what we are here for; To keep things out of the bin! Now aren't you happy that it worked out that way?
Personaly, I am happy that you finished, and this was a fine model, worthy of your efforts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back