**** DONE: 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk-Mig Killer - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's an awkward one isn't it? Lots of Micro Sol and a wet paintbrush might get it to settle. The probe tip is going to be a tricky one too - maybe drill and pin if possible?

This is just a personal choice. I should have used the Italeri decal in the first place. I think I will try to drill and wire Terry.

001.JPG

I let you know how it works out later.

Geo

The probe is on. Not the best but with just over 1mm of glue surface it's the best I can do. Painting the under carriage doors and hope to have it on it's legs tonight. Probe tip is a bit dark but it's, uuhhh, brand new compared to the photo.

009.JPG

004.JPG
2554569499_afd959f9eb_o.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Geo

IT STANDS.Thanks all. I never thought this wee beastie would survive this far. Doors, touch-ups, a couple more antennae, the dreaded painting of the clear parts and I can finally put this sucker to bed.

002.JPG

Geo

Great stuff Geo, it's looking good.
Just shows the difference in decal quality too. Always puzzles me why some manufacturers provide cr@p decals - costs the same to make good ones as it does to make cr@p ones, once the art work is done.

Great stuff Geo, it's looking good.
Just shows the difference in decal quality too. Always puzzles me why some manufacturers provide cr@p decals - costs the same to make good ones as it does to make cr@p ones, once the art work is done.

They make you buy the kit, then the better decals, then they gain around whatever the good decals cost you, if you purchased from their decal company.

The downside is you might avoid those types of kits if they always give you crap decals.

------------------

It turned out great btw :D can't wait for the finished shots :D

Just about to paint the clear parts when I notice this part that is mentioned no where on the instructions.

l.jpg

Nice try Hobbycraft.

Mvc-014s.jpg

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back