only 1 brewster buffalo in existence?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ME-262ace

Recruit
Feb 1, 2009
suwanee, GA
why not 2 or 3? post ur theory here!

why not 2 or 3? post ur theory here!

They were supposed to be really bad aircraft, as were the Corsairs produced by Brewster. I think it was just ahead of it's time. It was pre-WWII vintage, but, like the F4F, was used against more modern aircraft.
That might be my next replica, if my 82% Corsair every flies and doesn't kill me.

We get a replica of a B339 here in the NL. The reason why they don't exist any more is that they were early war fighters. Try and count how many early war fighters still exist. Maybe a couple of Bf109E or Spit MK.I/MK.II but that's it.

BTW Corsair pilot. The Dutch B339's were not considered bad aircraft. The only bad ones were the British and the American (later) examples which were simply too heavy. The early versions, Finnish B239 and Dutch B339 were not at all that bad.

You never know, could be a few hiding somewhere in the deep Finnish/Russian forrests...or in the jungle. :D

..but she goes, eh?!!! I like the old girl myself, atleast looks-wise.

We used them briefly in the RNZAF in 1941, but they were a little, um, 'inadequate', shall we say against the 300 Oscars that subsequently attacked them...we kind of lost them all in a very short period...

BTW Corsair pilot. The Dutch B339's were not considered bad aircraft. The only bad ones were the British and the American (later) examples which were simply too heavy. The early versions, Finnish B239 and Dutch B339 were not at all that bad.

Well, maybe I didn't express myself well. My point was that they really were not bad. Just ahead of their time, but obsolete by the onset of the WAR, like the F4F.

Its like the girl you wish you were attracted to because she does her best, is really nice and has a good personality, but your not attracted to because she isn't pretty and just seems to be lacking something.

That is a Brewster Buffalo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back