Operation Steinbock: The Last Blitz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maximowitz

Tech Sergeant
Jun 30, 2008
London, England.
steinbocknew.jpg

I've had this book for the last few days and it really is a corker. An exhaustive day by day account of the Luftwaffe's doomed "Baby Blitz" on the UK, the research put into this book is nothing short of amazing. You get a bit of everything here, eyewitness reports written in a diary by a native Londoner, narrative from Luftwaffe aircrew, RAF Air Intelligence reports - and some truly stunning photos.

When you see the acknowledgement list from the author, it reads as a "usual suspects" collection of noted Luftwaffe researchers and writers - there's some real heavyweights involved here!

This book comes from Red Kite, the publishers of the highly praised "Nachtjagd War Diaries", so do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of this book quickly. I suspect the title will sell out extremely quickly.

Red Kite Books

I should point out I have no connection with either the author or the publishing company - I'm just giving you the heads up because it really is that good!

Oh man, I have to get this one!!!! Not much I have found about these raids except some highlights in various books. Awesome!

It really is a shame the postal charges to the US are downright criminal - unfortunately I don't thing Red Kite have a US distributor. Most of their books are "short run" edtions, the "Nachtjagd War Diaries" sold out incredibly quickly. :shock:

I certainly hope so!

Edit: Yup - you're in luck! Ok Colonials, get it here!*

Amazon Link

*Just joking. Put the guns down. :D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back