P-40E Brazilian Air Force circa 1943 (Academy 1/72) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
That's it guys!

I finally finished this one.

I had some headache with the decals mainly because they are old ( I have them for almost 15 years! :banghead: ) so I had some silvering that I could not fix, no matter what I've tried. The decal sheet was also missing decals for the sharl's eyes, so I had to brush paint them.

I all I'm happy with the final result and most importantly, I had a good time and enjoy building it.

Here are some photos, please feel free to comment and make any critic (I do like to hear the constructive critics, that's the way to learn and improve)

P-40EFAB-001.jpg

This P-40E was the first received by FAB (Brazilian Air Force) as part of a Lend Lease Agreement. It was serial numbered FAB 01 (or just 01) and later FAB 4020. It is seen here in the RAF camouflage they arrived in late 1942.

To see the W.I.P. for this model follow this LINK to WIP P40E

P-40E_FAB_023.jpg

P-40EFAB-002.jpg

P-40EFAB-003.jpg

P-40EFAB-004.jpg

P-40EFAB-005.jpg

P-40EFAB-007.jpg

P-40EFAB-006.jpg

P-40EFAB-008.jpg

P-40EFAB-009.jpg

P-40EFAB-010.jpg

P-40EFAB-011.jpg

Cheers
Paulo

Clean and good work, that the difficulty is not seen with the decals "mi estimado" ArmouredSprue, I congratulate you and am ready to keep learning, now with your next model! (some scoop ??)

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Clean and good work, that the difficulty is not seen with the decals "mi estimado" ArmouredSprue, I congratulate you and am ready to keep learning, now with your next model! (some scoop ??)

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Hola Luis

Muchas gracias

I didn't understood what you've meant by scoop.

Anyways, I have a project that has been half started for more than a year and I now decided to finish it.

It's a very bad HPM model (short run sort of quality or lack of it) of the Me 262 V1-3 prototype.

I've got this model not by choice but because we had in our modelling club a competition every Christmas that we call (build that bitch model) basically everyone donate a very bad kit (most be complete and build-able though) and in our first meeting of the new year (February) we have to present that model built and the best one, chosen by popular vote amongst the modellers present the best model builder will win that year club fee. It is funny and also interesting to see how people transform that junk once called a bitch kit into something that looks like a good kit.

Cheers ant thanks all for the kind words

Paulo Castro

Hola Luis

Muchas gracias

I didn't understood what you've meant by scoop.

Anyways, I have a project that has been half started for more than a year and I now decided to finish it.

It's a very bad HPM model (short run sort of quality or lack of it) of the Me 262 V1-3 prototype.

Cheers ant thanks all for the kind words

Paulo Castro

Olá Paulo, como você está, dessa forma divertida de fazer um kit que você não gosta por feio e ruim ... para transformá-lo em um lindo kit. :cool:

With reference to the meaning of "scoop" ... in other words, I mean "if you can comment on your next model" (my English is also in process and sometimes I do not give the correct meaning to the word that I use :read2: ).

I wish you luck with your prototype Me 262 V1-3. You have it in the Forum of Start to Finish ?, because I'm sure for me shall be excellent reference, now I finished my Nakajima RUFE, I'm almost ready to start a Me 262A-1 / U4 and am in the process of collecting information and photographs ! :magnifyglass:

I also thank very much your feedback and keep in touch.

Um grande abraço. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Nicely done. I was unaware the P-40 served in Brazil. Always learning something on this site

Not only P-40's but also P-47's in Italy (MTO)., Catalinas (Air patrol over South Atlantic).
I'll post a P-47D I've done some time ago in Brazilian colours.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back