P-47D Thunderbolt kit in his honor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May 16, 2013
Hello all, This is my first time on here and I thought I'd introduce myself first before I go any further.

My name is Tom. I am married (18yrs) and have 1 son (9yrs old). I have just recently returned to modle kit building a couple months ago after 20 plus years. Not too long ago, I watched a youtube video episode of Dogfights on the P-47. The P-47 I'm referring to is one flown by Lt. Sutcliffe and I wanted to build my next Thunderbolt he flew in.

My dilemma is I've been hunting high and low, inside and out and upside down for the markings of his aircraft. I cannot for the life of me get a good portrait shot of two markings: the machine gun Panda and the lettering "Junior" for the fuselage. The only thing I found out about Lt. Sutcliffe's plane was he is of Jabos Angels. Any help will be appreciated.

The P-47 kit is a 1/48th scale by Tamiya.

From 397th Fighter Squadron Main

w-397-sutcliffe-painting.jpg
w-397-sutcliffe-panda.jpg

Geo

fubar - I tried those images by using copy, cut, paste and cropped on PaintNet program. Never can get a decent sharp images no matter how much I expand or shrink to my liking for a 1/48th scale custom decal. Too bad there isn't anything in 3D I can actually pull and twist the images to my liking. LOL!

Welcome Tom, and good stuff Geo. I've been looking for a suitable subject for a 'razorback' myself, and this might fir the bill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back