P-51/Mustang Mk.IA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MicroShket

Recruit
Oct 18, 2014
Hi, friends!
I'm very sorry if I chose the wrong section for this thread.
For several days I rack my brains trying to reach a consensus on Hispano armed Mustangs (P-51 and F-6A). Are all of them were sent to ETO&MTO? As I know, several reconnaissance groups used F-6 on CBI. Were they only F-6B and later versions of a reconnaissance Mustang?
In other words, Is that true, that there were not a single Hispano armed P-51 or F-6A on CBI?
Thank you.
Best regards,
MicroShket.

Hi, friends!
I'm very sorry if I chose the wrong section for this thread.
For several days I rack my brains trying to reach a consensus on Hispano armed Mustangs (P-51 and F-6A). Are all of them were sent to ETO&MTO? As I know, several reconnaissance groups used F-6 on CBI. Were they only F-6B and later versions of a reconnaissance Mustang?
In other words, Is that true, that there were not a single Hispano armed P-51 or F-6A on CBI?
Thank you.
Best regards,
MicroShket.

The AAF retained 55 of the 150 NA-91 as (P-51-1NA, -2N then all F-6), the RAF took 93 as the Mustang IA and two were retained as XP-51B.

None of the AAF F-6 went to ETO, most if not all went to MTO as part of the 68 TRG (111TRS). Some may have been transferred 73TRG then to 10th PRG in the ETO.

I can not find a trace of an F-6 (P-51-1NA) from the NA-91 contract that went to CBI.

Last edited:
The AAF retained 55 of the 150 NA-91 as (P-51-1NA, -2N then all F-6), the RAF took 93 as the Mustang IA and two were retained as XP-51B.

None of the AAF F-6 went to ETO, most if not all went to MTO as part of the 68 TRG (111TRS). Some may have been transferred 73TRG then to 10th PRG in the ETO.

I can not find a trace of an F-6 (P-51-1NA) from the NA-91 contract that went to CBI.
Thank you very much for your answer!
I have serial numbers of AAF Mustangs and checked some of them, but all was in 111th TRS and 154th TRS.
Could you give the name of the source containig information about NA-91 contract, please (just can't check it myself now)? So, it means that one of them could be sent (on paper) to CBI, right? Or it is just my misunderstanding (my english is not perfect at all).

Last edited:
If you're after a condensed history of the Allison engined Mustangs, Martyn Chorlton's Allison Engined P-51 Mustang (New Vanguard) is a nifty little reference at a very good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back