P-61B restoration. MAAM (mid atlantic air musuem)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Going there on WW II Weekend (June 7). Can't wait to see it. They are rare though (four examples in existance worldwide, the other three are static restorations) so I have mixed emotions on seeing it fly. Tough call.

TO

One is at the National Air and Space Museum at the museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington D.C.

The other is on outside display at the Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics in Beijing, China. :eek:

TO

I agree with Syscom and Erich.

Besides the Corsair, this is my FAVORITE plane. I would be quite moved to see her fly. But I would be crushed to see it crash. Why take the chance?

Let me refrase. Is there anyone close to the project to get a better update and time line on the restoration. This will be a hell of an aircraft to see in the air.
Also are there any rare german twins out there flying. I got to see the caf's he-111 beror it crashed but that's the only one.

This restoration project was at the Reading [Pa] Airshow last year. Me, TO [Steve] and njaco [Chris] had the pleasure
of seeing it. They've come a long way in a year. I'd like to see this baby back in the air, too.

Charles

Being one of my 3 favorite planes, I'd be happy to see the engies run and taxi. Of this type, to few remain. And one of the more complicated planes trying to be flown; more complex, more potential problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back