P38J - Lightning (Thomas McGuire's Pudgy V) Dragon 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
Howdy!

Here is my P38J Lightning, this model represents the aircraft flown by Maj Thomas B. McGuire 475th FG at Dulag, Leyte

The kit is Dragon in 1/72nd scale. Very good model, easy to build and very detailed.

Some photos:

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Open for comments and critique!

Cheers!

Paulo

Nicely done indeed, especially in the small scale. Just a couple of observations - the joints around the nose cone, gun access hatches and engine cowlings look a little too prominent, and perhaps the antenna wires could be thinner. Were the anti-glare panels black? All information I have, and colour photos of bare metal P-38s, show dark Olive Drab, or faded OD, with black being a post-war colour, from the late 1950s onward. Of course, there were exceptions, and I'm not that 'clued up' on the aircraft in the PTO.

Nicely done indeed, especially in the small scale. Just a couple of observations - the joints around the nose cone, gun access hatches and engine cowlings look a little too prominent, and perhaps the antenna wires could be thinner. Were the anti-glare panels black? All information I have, and colour photos of bare metal P-38s, show dark Olive Drab, or faded OD, with black being a post-war colour, from the late 1950s onward. Of course, there were exceptions, and I'm not that 'clued up' on the aircraft in the PTO.

Thanks for your comments mate!

I have already changed the antennas, if you look into the last photo you'll see the difference.

The anti glare panels were black indeed for this particular squadron, a little bit of spoil for the top aces I assume!

Cheers!

Paulo

Thanks all!

Next time I'll try one of the new Academy's have anyone here tried?
Cheers
Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back