Pacific Aviation Museum (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hellcat_Brown

Recruit
Jan 17, 2007
If you are planning a trip this summer to Hawaii, you gotta check this place out!
One of the original hangers on Pearl has already been converted to an awesome museum. The second hanger is what I'm really excited about...but it won't be open until 2009. Check out the photo gallery here:

Pacific Aviation Musuem Photo Gallery

The museums website is here:

Pacific Aviation Museum - Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

Has anyone seen the current museum recently and like to discuss?

I was in Hawaii this spring to visit Pearl Harbor and didn't even know about this Air Museum. I believe it had recently opened. My day was already full of things to do so I figured a return trip would be in order once the Museum got a little bigger. :)

ccheese, now you have a reason to go back. :)

Oh boy! I'm going to Oahu next December, and I definately plan to spend some time at this museum. Will be there for the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack.

ooOOooo...."Ranked #8 aviation attraction in the nation."

Leif

Last edited:
My step daughter WAS going to go in December for a high school band concert at Pearl. They were going to have 2000 kids from North Texas high schools all playing together for the 70th anniversary. I was all excited to go, especially for this event, and yesterday she tells me she doesn't want to be in band anymore.

Oh well, I guess I can still go, but it was going to be cheaper to book it through the school.

I was there 2 years ago. A couple I worked with moved to Hawai to work at the museum, one designed alot of the displays and worked in the restoration shop. On Dec 7 we went to a ceremony they had at Ewa airfield. All that was left was an overgrown runway and hangar foundation.

Oh boy! I'm going to Oahu next December, and I definately plan to spend some time at this museum. Will be there for the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack.

ooOOooo...."Ranked #8 aviation attraction in the nation."

Leif

I looked at that list and, while I have not seen most of these, I have seen two that is a must for aviation enthusiast. First is the AF Museum in Dayton, Oh. It has the B-70 and B-2 (test article) and many, many more, almost every AF aircraft, and some German WWII aircraft. Second would be "Planes of Fame" in Chino, California. They fly their museum pieces! They have incredible air shows.

Would love to see both of those. We have some airshows locally, and a tiny museum locally. They were restoring a Spitfire at one point, but the last I heard they had sold the project. Which kind of ticks me off, because people donated money for the project. Other than that, we don't get too many WWII aircraft. I recall one Harvard. Actually, the closest thing here... but its pretty darn neat... is the only two remaining Martin Mars flying boats. Almost in my back yard. Both still operational.

Besides the Pacific Aviation Museum, on my 'MUST DO' list for Hawaii, is going to Pearl Harbor in the early morning of the Dec 7th, and watching the sun rise.

Leif

Last edited:
Well, most of a year later and I'm getting ready for our visit to Oahu in December. We booked out tickets for the Pacific Aviation Museum, as they have a 50% off deal on their premium tour. $15 per adult, instead of the usual $30. Just thought I would mention it here in case anyone else is planning to go in the near future.

They have some fantastic planes there... including two of my favorites, the 'zeke' and Dauntless.

Some good videos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeuP1Twsnl0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmpeqNry5M

Great news story re: the Dauntless pulled out of Lake Michigan, now restored at the museum.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2GTw34EBs

Leif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back