page problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi

When i switched my laptop on this morning, everything fine until i put the forum on. It takes ages for it to load a page. getting on the forum is no problem, it is just getting onto any page. I can go and put the kettle on and come back and still the page has not loaded.

I have had to go back to explorer. Not the fastest but:?: As i normally use Firefox.

Now this is just odd! I switched over to IE 8.0 (I usually use firefox) and it was blazing fast on IE. Then I went back to firefox to compare and it is fine in firefox again. I know firefox has made a number of patches lately. Perhaps one of those patches is doing something odd. It has crashed or frozen on me for the last couple of days.

Hmm. Interesting. I run on I.E., and I've have similar problems on a regular basis, only on the forum. Waiting for the ads to load is also a pain, as this can really delay things. What's the general opinion regarding Firefox, compared to I.E? And, if I change, will there be any problems with my other 'services', such as 'Windows Hotmail' for e-mails? Sorry for the basic question, but I'm still on a learning curve!!

There was a hub that went down on the internet, and was causing trouble for the past 48 hours in North America. This caused serious "bottlenecking" of internet traffic. There's still two routers down at the time of this posting, one in Canada (Ontario) and one in Georgia.

I didn't have much trouble with servers that were on the west coast of the U.S., but any sites that were back east were really loading slow for a while there and in some cases, not loading at all.

Not sure what caused it, but things are looking like they're back to normal now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back