PBY "Pistol Packin Mama"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ontos

Tech Sergeant
Mar 8, 2009
Riverside, California
This is a long shot, I searched the web but could not find a good picture of this nose art. Does anyone have a good copy of this nose art, "Pistol Packin Mama", it was on a PBY. The only one I could find is not very good for making a copy for IL2. I know you can't fly it, I just like the looks of it. :)8)

The one I'm looking for is a PBY Catalina of the Black Cat Squadron. I'm hoping that there was more than one picture of it. If not I'll try and use what I have. Thanks 8)

This is the nose art I'm trying to find. Even a higher resolution picture would be great.

PistolPackinMama2.jpg

I've been looking around Ontos but I keep coming up empty.
The one you are showing is the best I have seen unfortunately.
I know I have seen nose art similar to the one you are showing but I can't find it either.

From what I can see in your picture it looks like she is wearing a leather helmut with goggles pushed up above her eyes.
She also has a white scarf wrapped around her neck that flows out to the back on the right hand side (her left side).
Her shoes look like they have bows on the front at the top too.
I'm guessing she has a 45 strapped on her left side (her right side) because it doesn't look like a six shooter holster to me.

I'm still looking...

Wheels

Thanks Wheels, I appreciate your effort in trying to find this young lady. I'm still looking too. I might just have to use this one and try and get it right. I have a long way to go on the template before I put the nose art on. I have to redo a lot on areas on the PBN-1 template to make it a PBY-5. I'm using pictures of a PBY I took at the Palm Springs Museum. I'm trying to find a detail schematic drawing to get the panel lines and Rivets right. I might have to order them. Thanks to you all for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks Wheels that helps alot, Great information.

Thanks for the information on the Mods, Lancaster. I have the latest 4.08 in IL2, but I'm just afraid or Chicken you might say to load the 4.09 mods. I guess I'm afraid I'll screw up what I have in IL2. I'm not to computer knowledgeable and I probably screw things up in the set up.

Just for information I found some schematic drawings of the PBY-5 on a Russian Blueprint site if anyone is interested I can upload them. There not perfect but not to bad either. This is one of them.

PBYBlueprint2.jpg

I'm late coming in on this thread. Thanks for sharing nose art photo. Does anyone know tail number and/or codes for "Pistol Packin Mama"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back