Pete resting on the beach..(wip 1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whoever stickied this (Charles?) Thank you so much :D

Its an amazing build :D true art.

Domo arigato gozaimasu gentlemen!! I really appreciate your comments!
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

Thank you guys!

Well,I've been modelling for more than 20 yrs and this was the first time I had done so much paperwork..The situation almost reached to a nerve-wracking point as you'll see..
Well, the point was to make some 4-5 tall and slim coconut palms for my 'Pete resting on the beach' project..

265-1.gif

To tell the truth, after looking at many photos of palm trees in scale I just wanted to give more attention to this beautiful tree than just cut along a fabric plant leave.Having seen a very large number of Pacific palms on the internet I picked this one as a reference..

055-2.gif

Ι collected some pine tree twigs,

428.gif

I cut off the excess and I baked them in the oven despite some protesting by my wife..lol!..

432.gif

Back to the bench for painting..

439.gif

Having done this I added thread to show the rings og the trunk..

560.gif

563.gif

Now for the fronds..Show a little understanding please!!lol!!

540-2.gif

541-1.gif

005-4.gif

549-1.gif

Seventy leaves were done that way..(5 palms x 14 fronds)..

060-1.gif

055.gif

070.gif

029-3.gif

031.gif

072.gif

0203.gif

0592.gif

0273-1.gif

049.gif

0363.gif

20121208_065327.gif

I am done!!! HOORAY!!! Well, the more I looked at the result the more I hated it! So I added some more green to the fronds..

066.gif

The fronds were too long and the trunks too..So..

014.gif

005-6.gif

At that time I decided to work on each palm tree separately..

033.gif

004-4.gif

I added some leaves one by one like they do in hair extensions lol!!

067.gif

052.gif

051.gif

As my blood pressure was getting higher I cut along some more A4 paper to a better shape this time..

021-1.gif

011.gif

Now I was getting somewhere..

006-1.gif

028-1.gif

The 1st palm was done..The others to follow later on..Now time to calm down and relax a little!!!

Cheers,

Panagiotis.

022-3.gif

027.gif

018-1.gif

017-3.gif

Last edited:
Wow Pan your imagination is quite extensive Sir!!Your problem solving should land you on a movie set :thumbright:

What is the purpose of the pencil residue? Two photos above the one with the pencil, how did you make the top of the tree? I have a F6F that I'd like to make into a diorama and seeing this I'd like to use your method to make the trees. Are you using scale coconuts?

What is the purpose of the pencil residue? Two photos above the one with the pencil, how did you make the top of the tree? I have a F6F that I'd like to make into a diorama and seeing this I'd like to use your method to make the trees. Are you using scale coconuts?
Hi!
The top was made of balsa wood..The residue was for showing small parts of dead leaves which sometimes appear at the root of the stems..The coconuts were made from coliander If I spell it correctly.
Thank you all for your kind comments!
Panagiotis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back